Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious about opinions on Orijen.

I rotate dry foods Innova, Eagle Pack Holistic Giant Breed, California Natural, Wellness and Canidae. They have been on Canidae for the last few months and now this last bag was the New formula and it does not agree with their tummies at all! So today I picked up a sample bag of Orijen and they LOVED it! It looks comparable to Evo, I think? They didn't seem to care too much for Evo when I've bought Evo in the past. I have a 14 yr old Husky, 4 yr. old St. Bernard, and 1 yr old Pit Bull.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Lori

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
I think Orijen has really good ingredients as far as kibble goes. Definitely comparable to the others you are feeding and probably a great replacement for Canidae.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What has worked for me is rather than truely rotating I mix different kibbles in a big food container. As it gets down to half I add a bag of something different. I think right now I have Karma, Natural Balance, Evo and some Prairie floating around in there. I try to keep track so I am always adding some ultra premium to the mix- then it is to mixed up for them to pick through! LOL!

L

·
0 Posts
Orijen is a great food, and one I keep in the rotation for my Senior Siberian. He eats it well (for him anyways, he's never been a big eater), and does well on it. He actually gained more muscle tone with it.

I also rotate Innova Evo, and used to use Timberwolf, but not anymore as they've changed their formula and not for the better.

Right now I'm feeding him Great Life (grain & potato free with a dehydrated raw coating). In 3 months, after this bag is finished, I'll be going back to Orijen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts