Dog Food Chat banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I believe Champion also runs into issues w/ some of their fish ingredients...due in part to Canada having pretty strict laws on how much they can take per year.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I heard this is why you hear of supply issues on Orijen and Acana from time to time.

Impresses the hell out of me to be honest.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
This is correct.
That's why Champion really urges customers to rotate their formulas, and not stick to just one. The Original (poultry) formula is the only one available all the time, because their supply is much bigger than that of their other formulas.

I applaud Champion for not outsourcing.. but at the same time, I wonder if they'll ever be able to keep up with the demand if their products gain popularity. I would be annoyed if I had to pull teeth to get my hands on the food I wanted, so I'm not sure what to expect from my customers.

Precisely why I always have 2-3 bags on hand always. I would encourage most to do this to avoid any problems.

Nice company. I too hope they can handle the obvious surge that seems to be on the immediate horizon for them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.