Dog Food Chat banner

Opinions on Castor & Pollux Dog Food??

6K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  TippysMom 
#1 ·
I am helping with a dog rescue and recently switched from Nutro (I didn't know how bad it was and now can't believe I was feeding my dogs that stuff :eek:)..to Castor & Pollux, on recommendation from another foster family.

Does anyone have any good or bad facts or opinions on this food? I don't want to keep switching them around, but want to be sure that I'm feeding them something that's good for them.:smile:

Thanks!

#4 · (Edited)
better than nutro

I checked out this brand, and if I remember correctly it has brewers rice and beet pulp which are by-product fillers. Corn free though and better than Nutro. Not the highest quality food, but not bad either. I think dogfoodanalysis.com gave it 3 1/2 stars out of 6. I also foster dogs and pay for their food myself and know it can be hard for people to afford the premium brands.

I do actually recommend the C&P 'weight management' formula though since it is one of the few brands that has managed to significantly cut calories without lowering the meat content. I emailed the company since the calorie content wasn't listed on the website, and they got back to me with an answer in about 5 minutes, I was impressed. They will also send coupons on request. I chose to go with Artemis weight manangement which is the other brand that has high meat/low calorie content - better ingredients but also much more expensive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.