Discussion Starter #1
What are some good online meat sources (not ground stuff) aside from
Hare Today and Rodent Pro?

:)

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
What are you wanting to order?

I have found that ordering meat online is never an economical way of getting supplies except when ordering whole prey for the cats...and in that case RodentPro is honestly the best deal that I have found. Paying for shipping definitely makes it too expensive...because those shipping boxes have to be freezer packed and that costs extra.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just some exotic stuff...like goat, etc.
I have a few friends that would split shipping costs...I didn't know if there was any more out there.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Just some exotic stuff...like goat, etc.
I have a few friends that would split shipping costs...I didn't know if there was any more out there.
look around every grocery store in your area... some DO carry goat, you just have to look for it. I found it at Food4Less (Smiths) and I'm sure they're not the only ones who carry it.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Could you try looking into some of the local universities? Colorado State University offers a meat "company" that has some really good deals, including lamb. Its just a thought. Here is the website for our local one:

CSU Meat Sale

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:(
I can't find anything like that locally.

Annoying!

The best I can get is the list I posted before, but I can't buy in bulk quite yet because of the freezer situation.

I guess I'll just keep looking. :)

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
It will be so much easier with a freezer. Did you end up getting that one that you posted a few days ago?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Have you asked the butcher if you can store it in his freezer or at least fridge until it thaws out, then you could take like half of it at a time?
I've heard of some people doing that.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmm, not a bad idea.
I guess I could ask the guys by my house. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts