Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight is the start of week three! How would turkey neck and chicken hearts and gizzards be? Chicken quarters were for breakfast today.
Sorry I have to ask so many questions!

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Have they had chicken hearts and gizzards before? Or is that something that you are adding in as well? Same with the turkey necks...new item or not?

Turkey necks tend to be pretty big, one being enough for a whole meal for our ~65 pound dogs...so I guess in terms of amount I wouldn't feed turkey necks and hearts/gizzards together. But as far as mixing those protein sources its not an issue. Save them for a next meal tomorrow or something.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have they had chicken hearts and gizzards before? Or is that something that you are adding in as well? Same with the turkey necks...new item or not?

Turkey necks tend to be pretty big, one being enough for a whole meal for our ~65 pound dogs...so I guess in terms of amount I wouldn't feed turkey necks and hearts/gizzards together. But as far as mixing those protein sources its not an issue. Save them for a next meal tomorrow or something.
The turkey necks I got are small...maybe they cut them in half?? They are about 1/2 LB each ?? Thats why I was thinking of giving both things:confused:

Turkey necks will be new for them....chicken hearts and gizzards they have had a few just as a little snack....I couldnt help myself:rolleyes:

Thanks for getting back to me so quick!:biggrin:

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
I would just keep the hearts and gizzards around for snacks...they are not considered organ meat tho because they are both made primarily of muscle meat. I would start out with 2 turkey neck pieces for now and see how that sits with them. Turkey is a bit more rich than chicken and didn't sit well with a few of our dogs at first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts