Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that is what my new vet recommended me try for Ruckus's paw pads. if thats not going to help we are going to biopsy it.

I just got fish oil capsules at walgreens that have omgea 3 and 6 in them. they are 1000 milligrams. Do you think Ruckus should just get one a day? he is 40lbs.

the vet will be out most of the day, and he is not good with returning phone calls, or id just call and ask him!

·
Registered
127 Posts
hello, i am not entirely sure, but what food are you feeding him? maybe you can also wheen him into a new food that is heavy on the omegas (Orijen 6 Fish, Acana Pacifica, Evo Herring & salmon)

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Reactions: RawFedDogs

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks! I switch dog food every other bag. we feed anything from taste of the wild, orjien, etc to diamond naturals. fish formulas, lamb, chicken, you name it.

Ruckus was actually only suppose to be getting omega 6. but i have found out that is nearly impossible. it is all omega 3 and 6

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow! i am not sure if it was coincidence or what. but Ruckus's feet looked healed. amazing....
i am shocked!
you can dig up his old photos if you like. horrible paw pad cracks, talk about surgery. and then along came the fish oil and a week or two later they magically vanish? no creams or anything i was doing helped!

had to be coincidence for this to happen. it was said that his feet would NEVER heal because they were sort of healed split (does that make any sense?)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts