Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

I'm Dylan, a 23 yr-old communications student in Indianapolis. Just here to see what's best for my 2 yr-old Black Lab/Pit mix named Swayze (Patrick Swayze was in the movie Black Dog and my pup is all black...it fit). I've been thinking about adding some probiotics as she gets older and wondering if anyone has advice there.

Glad to be here and thanks for any input!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why I think I might need probiotics...I've been doing some reading on probiotics and everything I've read says that it can be beneficial to your dog's attitude and digestion. The best site I've found for pet specific probiotics is www.proactiveprobiotic.com and they have a blog as well as general information about different animals.

But this seems like a good website to find out if something's good or not :)

And thanks for the compliment on my dog's name. I get some strange looks when I'm in a park, but everyone loves her.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Your dog "manufactures" the proper amount of probiotics in accordence with the food you are feeding him. In the absence of a known health problem, no more need be added and are of no benefit to your dog. Of course, places that sell probiotics will take exception to what I say but they have a monetary interest in doing so. :smile:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts