Dog Food Chat banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Saturday we drove Zio up to northern florida for his 8 week stint at Doggie Training Camp. Now I know it's a necessary part of his learning curve as a hunting dog, but that doesn't mean that both of us don't miss him terribly.

Yeah, I know we'll be going up every couple of weeks to work with him, but still....

And it's too damned quiet around here!!!

Waaaaah! :frown:

· Registered
4,655 Posts
Did you say 8 weeks? I would die being gone from my dogs that long! As it is, we are going on a much needed vacation in October,we go every year (I have a stressful job driving transit) and I miss my dogs sooooooooooooooooooo much, but they also miss me as is evident with not eating and loss of hair, but we are trying to have someone come in to the house this time so hopfully it won't be too stressful for them. Good luck with Zio's training.

· Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you say 8 weeks? I would die being gone from my dogs that long! As it is, we are going on a much needed vacation in October,we go every year (I have a stressful job driving transit) and I miss my dogs sooooooooooooooooooo much, but they also miss me as is evident with not eating and loss of hair, but we are trying to have someone come in to the house this time so hopfully it won't be too stressful for them. Good luck with Zio's training.
As it happens we are arranging to go up at least twice during October to train with Zio, so I guess I can get my doggie fix then.

Meanwhile, we called last night to find out how he's adjusting. While his consumption is down (not unforseen) we know it will pick up soon once he's adjusted to being there. However, we were told he actually growled at the trainer when told to go into his kennel. <lol> I have to admit that he's started doing that recently when ordered off our bed at night. So I guess I shouldn't be surprised he's doing it there. Afterall, he's now "a teenager" by doggie standards and what teenager actually does what he's told without protest? :wink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.