Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
I don't mix anything with the prey model raw diet, because it's perfect as it is.
Oatmeal is species inapporpriate and I wouldnt bother feeding it. It holds no nutritional value to canines and serves as a filler.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I thought about adding steel-cut oats before I switched to raw, however it's just not a necessity. All grains are not for dogs, unless we are traveling through Kansas on a wagon to finding the new frontier without meat with a hungry dog.

Most humans should only eat grain as part of a balanced diet.
(50% protein with 50% grain)
Example: If I'm at Subway, I request additional meat to help balance the protein/grain level. I always request all the veggies.:smile:

I was working with an senior citizen last week who is borderline type 2 diabetes. He was never taught how to eat with a balance to his diet. Now, he must cut sugars, or sugar producing food out for a month before he's labeled a diabetic at his next office visit.
He's attitude is leaning toward living with pharm pills on a daily basis, being overweight and eating cheaply, (carbohydrates).

Too many people are afraid to die and afraid to live. That's what I call living in frustration with willful ignorance.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Nope, don't feed them. I'm sure my dogs would eat them considering they eat pretty much anything but that doesn't mean they are good for them to eat.

You could add them in, but they really don't hold much nutritional value to a dog.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts