Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have fed my dogs science diet on recommendations from the shelter and vets. I wanted to switch to something more healthy and safe for my dogs. Someone recommended Nutro to me. Now I read that is is bad too. What is the best dry food. I was just wondering what everyones opinions are?:confused:

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
I'm gonna say you should probably avoid both like the plague. Science Diet is garbage and Nutro isn't much better. While the ingredients may not look as bad at first glance, once you start reading more into it, you'll want to run away screaming. That and the fact that I know at least 6 dogs personally that have gotten sick off of the food and have heard of thousands others who have as well.

So yeah, now that we have that established I'd recommend either Orijen, Innova Evo, Wellness Core, Blue Wilderness, or my own personal favorite: raw food.

What kind of dogs do you have? How old? Any health issues?

·
Registered
257 Posts
When we got Peanut we had him on nutro. He was always throwing up, never rhad intrest in his food pooed 6-7 times a day. Did some research and got him off of it. I started him on Wilderness first then mixed in Evo. I do the mix because the wilderness is poultry and the evo offers a red meat and i like offering him both.
After the change so many benefits. He has not thrown up since (other then the one time he ate a part of his toy) he is excited about his food its all gone within 3 minutes insted of his breakfast sitting all day as a free feed. Only 1 or 2 poos a day. He has more energy more drive and his coat is super shiney and soft (i bathe him once a week because he sleeps with me) and even with bathing often you wouldnt know it hes not oily or dry. His body is lean no fat at all just muscle (but i do work him so the muscle isnt just the food but it helps)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts