Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Though I have had Sophie for 6 1/2 years I don’t think I have posted since having her.
Sophie was about a year, 17-18 lbs and a bit underweight when I got her from the rescue I volunteer with.

She’s now a stable 20 lb girl who’ll loves life, people of all ages and anything edible! She gets varied frozen commercially pre prepared patties for breakfast, and 1/4 cup premie dry kibble for dinner, usually Instinct brand. I would love to give canned food on occasion but I can’t figure how to portion canned food.
Dry and frozen raw foods recommend far to much food, I figure canned does as well. Most dog food cans are big and I have rarely used them, looking forward to learning as a dog owner and not just as one whom drools over other peoples dogs!

Oh and editing to say when pulled from the shelter she had base vaccination s and since just titres for all but legally required every three year Rabies, can’t wait for that to be updated! BDA1DDC9-7068-4DD4-BDCD-070ADA768267.jpg ACH=CONFIG]13745[/ATTACH]
Not sure what I am doing but trying to share a picture of Sophie.

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
Have you considered dropping all the commercial foods, and go with real raw? The more commercial stuff you put together, the more it un balances nutrition.

Reactions: Purrson

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes gradually doing more just hesitant but reading. My older kitty lived almost 19 years. She started my research, have family member holding me back from trying more, that and not much storage. Reading raw forum too.

That and white carpet, no backyard ha! She is good about eating from her bowl tho with egg, shell, and rehydrated necks.
Good part is she’s not picky.
Also hesitant what would balanced meal consist of?

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
A balanced meal would simply be a variety of different proteins, bones and organs. Once adjusted to whole raw, you can feed either several different proteins at once in a meal, or one at a time. Regardless, it all balances out over time, as long as variety is fed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts