Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek:My dogs used to stink to high heaven from farts. :eek: I mean, they never stopped, and were they ripe!!! They just don't fart anymore. Makes me feel sorry for how upset their tummies must have been all the time from all of those carbs from their kibble.

My husband says that if raw is more expensive than kibble (I don't do much shopping for bargains, since I have trouble with my mobility at times), then the no farting alone would make it worth while!!

Carol:biggrin:

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Yes, my dogs being bullies use to fart all the time, now they only have the gas when I mix eggs with fish!:eek:

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Duncan has the toots a lot too...and man, are they reekers! :eek: And, for being on Orijen he has pretty big poos too. LOL....
I can't wait till they are on raw (only one more day) and all this will be a thing of the past!

I'm so glad that your Poodles have stopped with the toots. That's awesome news for you both!! Yet, another benefit to raw! :biggrin:

·
Registered
939 Posts
My Boston improved quite a bit...however they're not completely gone. If only I could get people at work to stop slipping him those cheap biscuits. :frown:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Perfect Max didn't have much problem with kibble except for eye goobers. Well and yucky teeth, low muscle mass, nasty fur.

Watch out if you overfeed something though. I accidently offered up a gorge meal of boneless ostrich trim and poor guy was not happy about the toots. Hasn't gorged properly since I think.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Carol,

I found the same thing when I switched to raw, PMR diet for Jody. I wonder if it is related to the fact that it digests so quickly instead of stagnating in the intestine for 12 hours like kibble. I tell ya...people are sometimes turned off by raw feeding because they feel it is unclean I think it is kibble that is unclean.

Tami

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, come to think of it - eye goobers are way down too. You could have built the Eiffel Tower out of Toffee's eye goobers!!

Seriously, though, they haven't farted NOT EVEN ONCE since they've been on the raw chicken!! Maybe that will change as they get different types of food. But I'm pretty happy about this!!!

Carol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts