Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie to this site. Does anyone think that an ebook of recipes that you can eat with your dog would be popular? Would you buy one?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Hi and welcome! Cute dogs there. :wink:

I would not buy the book you mentioned. Mostly because people are omnivores and dogs are carnivores. A complete meal for a dog would not be a complete meal for a person, and vice versa.

Hope you find what you are looking for on our little site. :smile:

Richelle

·
Registered
939 Posts
Hi there!!!

I would also not buy one because of the reasons stated above plus I'm not much of a meat lover, and my dog...well...is. lol

However I bet that a book like that would sell well to the general public. People love doing things with their dogs, and I'm sure that includes eating. :biggrin:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my dog likes....

My dogs like many fruits and veggies, so I enjoy sharing items like meatloaf, spaghetti, and many salads with my fur babies.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
My dogs like many fruits and veggies, so I enjoy sharing items like meatloaf, spaghetti, and many salads with my fur babies.
You do realize that your fur babies are carnivores, right?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
vet recommended

My vet recommended many veggies and fruits to my pets and they love them. Most commercial foods also contain fruits and veggies.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I also would not buy a book like that. Mostly because I eat meat very sparingly, and cooked entirely. My dogs eat meat, bones, and organs, all raw.

Many vets recommend veggies and fruits simply because, well, vets have no idea what they're talking about when it comes to nutrition.
All commercial pet foods contain plant matter, but commercial pet food is NOT the ideal diet, therefore something isn't optimum just because it's in commercial pet food.. quite the opposite, actually.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
My vet recommended many veggies and fruits to my pets and they love them. Most commercial foods also contain fruits and veggies.
Your vet is wrong. Of course your dogs love them. They have sugar in them. I love cake and ice cream (I'm eating some ice cream right now) but it's not healthy for me just as fruits and veggies are not healthy for your dog. Commercial dog foods conatin fruits and veggies because they are cheap compared to meat, bones, and organs. If commercial dog food wasn't mostly fruits and veggies, no one could afford to feed it.

Oh, and sorry ... I forgot to tell you in my previous post ... welcome!!! :smile:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A book I purchased on canine nutrition (one from a vet school) also says that many fruits and veggies are good for dogs.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Look very closely on the cover or somewhere in the first few coverpages and see if you don't see the words, "Hill's Pet Nutrition" somewhere. What is the name of the book and the author?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts