Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all-we are new to raw and feeding premade in the AM and RMB in the PM. My 2 JRT,s are chewing on some beef ribs right now-my question is, when do you take them away, as in how much actual bone to you let them eat?

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I just let my dogs chew on them until they are done and don't want them anymore. The bone is striped clean and all white once they are done. Are your JRT's actually eating the bone or are they just chewing and getting the meat off?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response-They did just end up scraping a little bone off the ends after all the meat was gone, they have always had beef and buffalo marrow bones and they treated these much the same. I just wasn't sure if they would attempt to actually eat more of the bone since these are much smaller. I guess my question should be what kind of bones is it ok for them to eat (ie. chicken) and which ones should they not be actually be injesting?

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Beef ribs are not traditionally thought of as RMBs because they are not "edible" like softer bones.

How far along are you in the transition to raw?

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
My dogs will generally eat about half the rib bones. I prefer to feed pork ribs because they are cheaper and the dogs will eat them all. I will give each dog half a rack of pork ribs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts