Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is everyone doing?

I am as my handle say's. A real sucker for animals. I just adopted a rescue puppy to join my family of many other fur kids.

I currently work at a vet clinic, which has really pursued me in researching more in the pet food world, as well as in horticulture.

I am planning on going to school in the future to do a few things. 1. Help in pushing for laws to protect our loved animals. 2. To help in making healthy food for them.

I could go on and on about my story on being here. Mostly it is all due to losing my dog, "Salem" I lost her to a few vets being unable to help her gain weight and they refuse's to learn more about animal nutrient and shot dog every dog food I brought up to them. She starved to death in front of me at the vet clinic. As I and my love, tried to find her better food and methods, studied for hours, weeks and months to save her. In the process I really learned a lot about the animal foods out there and changed my life forever, and filled my heart with a new passion.

So with that being said, I am here to learn as much as I can.

I am always interested in talking to new individuals. Look forward to getting to chat with you all.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Welcome!! You will find this site to be a wealth of knowledge about canine nutrition and health. Everything from raw feeding, to cooking for your dog(s), to the best available kibbles.

I am new here as well, but everyone seems friendly and helpful. Folks may debate issues but not in harshly judgemental ways.

I am terribly sorry to hear what you went through with your furbaby. I am thankful to have a vet who now refuses to even mention Science Diet to me, she knows I will research things and then come back to her with my decision and we discuss it from there, and she recommends any tweaks to my plans. Unfortunately I believe vets do not receive a lot of schooling on canine nutrition while in vet school.

There is so much to be learned here and so much for you to consider.
Welcome again, and enjoy!

Jackie

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Hello and welcome to the boards! I hope that you find all that you're looking for here! Happy posting :biggrin:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Welcome ... I am also new here and still looking around at all the helpful and interesting information

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi, I'm new too, and hoping to also get unbiased info about good food for my dog. Anyone selling a brand of dogfood is not to be trusted, I think. I also blamed the food (and my lack of knowledge) on my last dog's early demise last December. So I truly sympathize with you.

I'm not so far north as you, but our winters in Central Alberta can also be cold and snowy. Enjoy your summer, as am I.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts