Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, my name is Katie and I'm a 21 year old part time medical biller and full time college student. I've been feeding my dogs raw since November and am currently attempting to switch my cat over.

I have a 15 year old Cocker Spaniel named Dolly and a 2 year old Pem Welsh Corgi named Conan. And a little rescue kitty named Little Cat. I train in sheep herding with Conan.

I came searching for more info because Dolly recently decided she doesn't want to eat anymore. She's acting fine and her teeth are fine, so I'm not thinking it's anything medical. But I'll keep an eye on her. She's always been picky, so this isn't entirely new. I used to be able to trick her into it, but now it seems that she knows all the tricks.

Conan will eat anything, even if it's inedible. And the cat, well, she's a cat. If you have cats, you know how they are.

Anyway, glad to have found this place! It has a lot of information and I already see a thread on my same problem :) Pleasure to meet ya!

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I hope you stick around and find all your answers. Pemmies have a very special place in my heart, which I think is the case for anyone who has ever had one!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Corgipaws! I used my real name on gocorgi.com, but it's me, Katie Finlay. You posted the link in my thread there :)

I definitely know how you feel about Pems! Hope Grissom is doing well.

I actually think I found my answer. My stepdad gave Dolly cooked ham. I looked in the backyard to check her stools only to find vomit all over the grass. I'll keep a close eye on her to see if it was the ham or if she's actually sick. Hopefully she just has an upset tummy!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!!

I hope you have a great time here. :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
:tongue:Ah well, I'm glad you found your answer! Definately keep us posted, and do stick around!!:biggrin: Great community here. Small, but great.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum!:smile:

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Welcome! Post up more pics of the "kids" and don't hesitate to ask any question! There are tons of knowledgeable and friendly people here willing to lend a hand if needed! :biggrin:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Ooh time for an Orange County Day!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah!! My boyfriend really loves huskies and malamutes so he'd be more than happy to meet you both and your dogs!

·
Registered
333 Posts
where in OC are ya?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi there, my name is Katie and I'm a 21 year old part time medical biller and full time college student. I've been feeding my dogs raw since November and am currently attempting to switch my cat over.

I have a 15 year old Cocker Spaniel named Dolly and a 2 year old Pem Welsh Corgi named Conan. And a little rescue kitty named Little Cat. I train in sheep herding with Conan.

I came searching for more info because Dolly recently decided she doesn't want to eat anymore. She's acting fine and her teeth are fine, so I'm not thinking it's anything medical. But I'll keep an eye on her. She's always been picky, so this isn't entirely new. I used to be able to trick her into it, but now it seems that she knows all the tricks.

Conan will eat anything, even if it's inedible. And the cat, well, she's a cat. If you have cats, you know how they are.

Anyway, glad to have found this place! It has a lot of information and I already see a thread on my same problem :) Pleasure to meet ya!
I'm from the LA area too. Welcome:wink:

·
Registered
333 Posts
I'm in Anaheim, right by Disneyland. I go to Huntington Dog Beach every weekend (when its warmer) =) You're so close!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I know! How has the beach been? We used to go but I stopped because there were too many uncontrolled dogs with uneducated owners. Conan was attacked by a Boxer that was showing clear signs of aggression before he was even let off leash. We couldn't get away fast enough. I haven't been since. Dog parks and beaches are just too dangerous for us.

We go to a lot of parks though and on hikes almost every weekend.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Its too cold still haha (I'm sure the non so cal-ers are rolling their eyes at me since my cold is like 70). I go to the dog park 4-6 times a week since I can let her run free. Shes a runner so I don't let her off-leash at the dog beach.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah I agree. It HAS been raining, after all ;)

What dog park do you go to? The one is Los Al is my favorite. I do still visit on occasion because it's really a nice place with general good people and dogs. I just keep my guard up.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts