Dog Food Chat banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
NOOOOOOOO!!! COME BACK TO THE LIGHT SIDE, LINSEY!!! COME BAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!

In any case, I've finished chapter five on my novel today, finished another book last night and started another one today. So I'm still going strong! XD I'm so beyond proud of myself!

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Great job Amanda! Linsey on the other hand :doh: jk we all slip up every now and then. Just don't make a terrible habit out of it! Try to find another behavior to replace smoking whenever you get stressed like reading, exercising, banging your head against a wall (only a couple times, it works, I swear!), crying alone in a closet, drinking chai tea, etc. Whatever it takes that doesn't involve intentionally filling your body with a billion carcinogens waiting to kill you in several different ways. I say this out of love, not to scold you, I promise :love:

And while we are enjoying all the new smilies, what the heck is the point of this one? :llama:

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
I know........

And Rach, it's a Llama of course! Now for all those times you're thought to yourself "MAN! I need a llama to top off this post!" now we have it!

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
And Rach, it's a Llama of course! Now for all those times you're thought to yourself "MAN! I need a llama to top off this post!" now we have it!
Oh don't temp me! You have no idea what you've started here :evil:

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I've continued to do really well with the Southbeach Diet! I have cooked many of the recipes in the cookbook and have really liked them all. Lost another 6 pounds...so down 11 pounds now! :biggrin1:

Congrats to everyone else for doing so well! Linsey- no more smoking! :wink::biggrin:

Oh....and I almost forgot. Something to finish this post off perfectly:
:llama::llama::llama::llama::llama::llama:

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Hahaha that literally made me laugh out loud! :biggrin:

Great job on the 11 lbs btw! My scale at my my gym lied to me, so I'm still stuck at my old weight, but I feel like I'm in better shape, getting stronger, and losing fat, so maybe that's all that matters *sigh*

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I've always heard to not look at the scale as much and to not base things off of it. Go by how your clothes fit and how you feel.

So of course all that matters is that you are feeling great! Good Job! :peace:

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
OK people, let's hear it! How have we all been doing on their resolutions? My vet tech school is still going well, the getting into shape though, has unfortunately fallen by the wayside. I got in a car accident and one of my dearest friends is leaving for a month to go help spay and neuter feral dogs in Puerto Rico, so I've been super busy! My plan is to start the dieting and working out again seriously on Tuesday or Wednesday (she leaves 10 pm on Tuesday but I probably won't get to see her cuz she'll be so busy packing and getting ready to leave. Anyway, I need to get back on track because my gut is getting embarrassing.

Hopefully everyone else is doing better than I am!

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
*cough* Uuuuummmm.....I'm planning on getting back on track here....soon...ish. haha. But no, really, I've been taking a break that wasn't necessarily needed.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Anyone else? or have the rest of you given up by now!

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Well I just scored a job the other day :biggrin1:
WOOT!!! CONGRATS!!!

I wrote again last night! XD Got quite a bit done, too. Been back to reading as well, so I'm getting back on track!!!

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Well I just scored a job the other day :biggrin1:
Good job! What's your new job? I bought a dog trick training book, so I'm working on Peyton's training at least! And I ran 7 miles the other day so maybe that will counteract all the cookie dough I just ate!

·
Registered
921 Posts
Ah, what's the novel about? :)
Lol, I'm sure 7 miles is enough to burn off at least a few pounds of cookie dough.

It's at Petco, I'm only cashier, but well, I could probably pass some kind of nutrition certification later on and switch Science Diet junkies to some actual good kibbles. I already kinda sorta (with some help) switched someone from Beneful to Blue Buffalo. :biggrin:
But I see a lot of Nutro, Science Diet, and Purina being purchased, makes me sad. :C

Edit/P.S: Fill up the kibble section of the forum for me guys (so I can be lazy) , ;P.

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
It's at Petco, I'm only cashier, but well, I could probably pass some kind of nutrition certification later on and switch Science Diet junkies to some actual good kibbles. I already kinda sorta (with some help) switched someone from Beneful to Blue Buffalo. :biggrin:
But I see a lot of Nutro, Science Diet, and Purina being purchased, makes me sad. :C

Edit/P.S: Fill up the kibble section of the forum for me guys (so I can be lazy) , ;P.
nooooo..not ONLY a cashier....EMPLOYED.
LOL

congrats.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Woot! At least you can be there on the front lines trying to convince people to get better food for their dogs!

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Well, I have spent a nearly obnoxious amount of time with my mom in recent weeks, so I'd say that part is going fantastic! lol. (no, really, my mom is awesome.)

I also got a handle on the stress and chaos and have not slipped up smoking since that day. Such a gross habit, I was so pissed off at myself. But NO MORE. woooot.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
It's a fantasy novel about a girl from the real world with a troubled life who gets pulled into a different world that is overrun with chaos and disorder, and she's gotta save herself so she can save the world. haha.

Reactions: 3Musketeers

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Well, I have spent a nearly obnoxious amount of time with my mom in recent weeks, so I'd say that part is going fantastic! lol. (no, really, my mom is awesome.)

I also got a handle on the stress and chaos and have not slipped up smoking since that day. Such a gross habit, I was so pissed off at myself. But NO MORE. woooot.
Great job on both accounts! I'm glad to see most of us are keeping up with our resolutions.

I found out yesterday that I've lost 2 lbs so that's something!

61 - 80 of 89 Posts