Dog Food Chat banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Ok everyone, just checking in. How's everyone doing on their resolutions so far?

I'm still going to the gym 4 times a week and working on my vet tech program.
Written almost three chapters, finished two books, I think, working on reading books three, four, and five. Doing well!!!

·
Registered
921 Posts
I'll admit, I haven't gotten anywhere yet, feelin a little down lately :frown:
Ughh, stress eating...

But anyways, you all are going along so quickly, that's awesome, keep it up! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
w00t!

Sorry to hear about your grandmother :frown: I have no idea how I'm gonna handle that myself when the time comes :confused:
Its tough, doubt. I had to mentaly prepare myself ahead of time when I knew it was coming. I gave myself about a year of preparing once she really started going downhill. That way, even though it was still hard, it was a lot better than a sudden blow. If that makes any sense!

·
Registered
921 Posts
This thread has been a little quiet lately, so here's my little happy rant of an update:

Lost 4lbs so far :biggrin:. Also, also, OMG I ate veggies, have always hated them my whole life.
I cooked the bejeesus out them (and all the nutrients too probably) but hey, cooked veggies are better than no veggies?

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Good job!

I'm not sure I've lost any weight yet, which is very frustrating considering how much more I've been working out, but I do think I'm getting in better shape, if that makes any sense. Haha I keep trying to tell myself it's because I'm gaining muscle ;)

On a happier note, I'm doing pretty well in the vet tech program so far and I resisted the urge to get another Doberman because the one I have now isn't as trained up as I'd like her to be.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
I've lost 12 pounds but would like to lose another 12-15 more. Easy enough!!!

And we of course got the house in Idaho....

And I'm doing well with my first weekend of my dog training course.

2011 is an awesome year so far :thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts

YEA!!!!!! :whoo::clap2:

Reactions: DaneMama

·
Registered
3,085 Posts

Woot!! :peace:

I've started my Southbeach Diet and love it! I've lost 5 pounds by just eating a bit better! Smaller lunch and a healthy Southbeach dinner. Yum. A while back I cut the amount of diet soda I was drinking too. Well, this time around I have totally stopped drinking diet soda and I think it's also helping....iced green tea is my new favorite! :tongue:

Cheers to those who have lost weight! Keep up the good (but hard) work! :tea:

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Woot!! :peace:

I've started my Southbeach Diet and love it! I've lost 5 pounds by just eating a bit better!
It really makes "dieting" stupi-d simple doesn't it?? :biggrin:

I'm not sure I've lost any weight yet, which is very frustrating considering how much more I've been working out, but I do think I'm getting in better shape, if that makes any sense. Haha I keep trying to tell myself it's because I'm gaining muscle ;)
Have you changed how you're eating as well? Just working out isn't the best way to lose weight. Dietary changes will help you tremendously with your goal :wink: How many times are you eating a day and what do your meals typically look like?

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Have you changed how you're eating as well? Just working out isn't the best way to lose weight. Dietary changes will help you tremendously with your goal :wink: How many times are you eating a day and what do your meals typically look like?
Jon, don't be fooled by little Ms. Rachel here. She has nothing TO lose, therefore only muscle to gain. She's just being overly critical on herself, the little witch! haha.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Let's see, I have an egg with some low-calorie, high-fiber toast with a little pbj for breakfast. Lunch usually consists of an 80 cal yogurt with walnuts added, a string cheese, an apple, and a banana. Dinner is whatever I can bring myself to eat after running in the morning, working all day (keeping in mind I am usually restraining dogs that weigh as much as I do all day long), possibly running at lunch, and working out at the gym afterwards. Usually veggie spaghetti or a salad. But then I will often have a snack of popcorn afterwards :popcorn:

And Amanda is a liar, my thighs/butt are a web of cellulite and my gut is revolting, to say the least. I don't care as much about losing weight as I do about looking better, but darnit did I look good when I was 117 - 120! :frown:

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Woot! Just finished chapter three of my novel, finally! haha. It was a longer chapter!!! So far I'm still loving it, still into the plot, still coming up with better twists and turns and great ideas. I've got a little book that I write down all of my ideas in, and it's FILLED with pages and pages and pages of notes. XD I've started to read the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind, and I'm about 340 pages into the first book (a whopping 836 page book! XD). I'm still doing good with my New Years Resolution. Mmmmmmhm!

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
It really makes "dieting" stupi-d simple doesn't it?? :biggrin:

a typical meal for me is a glass of carrot juice with my vitamins...

piece of fruit in the morning with approximately 20 almonds or walnuts or another nut that is high in nutrients (unsalted and no peanuts)

plate of raw veggies

two hard boiled eggs

a bowl of my stew which is made up of 1/3 protein, 2/3 veggies of all colours of the rainbow

walking is about all i can do right now...but better than not moving at all, plus stretching

i guess i graze most of the day....i eat veggies most of the day...no sugar other than my juice and fruit...

and then dinner with my honey...i make all of our food from scratch...

our only junk food is smart pop popcorn...can't live without it. and we do not eat after 7 p.m.

i drink approximately 80 oz of fluid a day.

i eat no starches or grains, except for beans.

and i've started writing a e book on nutrition...dispelling the myths and discussing what people eat that actually makes them fat....

glad you and nat got the house in idaho and are losing the weight you wanted to lose....when are you moving?

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Sounds about the same as we eat. Just we don't eat a lot of fruit at all...no sugar whatsoever.

Jon will move up there at the beginning of spring to start working on it with his mom and her hubby. I won't move up there til the end of summer when I'm done with my training class! Can't wait!

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Sounds about the same as we eat. Just we don't eat a lot of fruit at all...no sugar whatsoever.
But I love fruit way too much not to eat it! And I have a total sweet tooth, so cutting out sugar might make my life completely miserable. Skinnier, but miserable. Or maybe I'd be so much skinnier I wouldn't care anymore that I would cry myself to death every time I saw a tiramisu I couldn't eat. Maybe I could try it for a week, cut out all the refined sugars but I think fruit is too healthy to cut out.

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
But I love fruit way too much not to eat it! And I have a total sweet tooth, so cutting out sugar might make my life completely miserable. Skinnier, but miserable. Or maybe I'd be so much skinnier I wouldn't care anymore that I would cry myself to death every time I saw a tiramisu I couldn't eat. Maybe I could try it for a week, cut out all the refined sugars but I think fruit is too healthy to cut out.
oh my....you don't have to give up tiramisu...or fruit for that matter...every thing in moderation, including moderation.

thing is, the less sugar and salt you consume and you wean off, not slit your throat LOL....the less you'll want it...salt and sugar are addictive just like caffeine...

but that doesn't mean you can't eat a sweet treat...we do once a week...it resets our metabolism....if not sugar, then something savory that we generally don't eat. we don't think of it as cheating. we think of it as treating.

when i stopped drinking soda, it was hard in the beginning...for about a week...now i don't want them, not even as a treat.

but lindt truffles? oh my how i love them...and i eat them on a rotation with other foods that i generally don't eat.

i don't diet. i just eat healthy. i don't not eat fruit. i just time it when i do eat fruit...and i follow the seasons for fruit....just because it's summer in australia, doesn't mean my body is in summer mode.

i also try to eat low glycemic foods, and fruit and veggies fall into that category....insulin spikes wear out the pancreas..no fruit or veggie is worth that on a regular basis.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Just thought I'd post an update and see where everyone else is on their goals.

Just finished chapter four today, and finished with another book yesterday (marking four books)! Woot! Moving right along. hehe.

So, how's everyone else's goals coming along? XD

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
The scale at my gym says I've lost 5 lbs somewhere in the last week, I'll double check it at work and see if there's any truth in it though.

My vet tech class is going along great!

Unfortunately, Peyton's training is still on the wayside though.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Awh man, 2011 is kicking my butt BIG TIME.
I smoked today for the first time in two years, and I could just kick myself in the face for it. :frusty::tape: So. dang. gross.

41 - 60 of 89 Posts