Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Boy, one of 2 parties needs to be really ashamed...

its one or the other...

1. there are many out here who have inferred that Champion isn't much different than any other company and the fresh caught fish and free range chicken are nothing more than marketing gimmicks.

2. Champion for outright lying to us all.

I honestly don't know who is right. I will say this though...if Champion isn't being honest about human grade meats, free range chicken, fresh caught fish...and it is indeed just the leftover junk ....they are putting together a very nice scam.

Honestly, I am leaning towards believing that Champion actually does it RIGHT.

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
Boy, one of 2 parties needs to be really ashamed...

its one or the other...

1. there are many out here who have inferred that Champion isn't much different than any other company and the fresh caught fish and free range chicken are nothing more than marketing gimmicks.

2. Champion for outright lying to us all.

I honestly don't know who is right. I will say this though...if Champion isn't being honest about human grade meats, free range chicken, fresh caught fish...and it is indeed just the leftover junk ....they are putting together a very nice scam.

Honestly, I am leaning towards believing that Champion actually does it RIGHT.
there are two points for your consideration.

one.
i'm glad to see a company using fresh ingredients.

two.
would YOU eat that slurry in the factory?

processing. processing. processing.

anything they have done right is for naught once the protein source is slurried and then heated and extruded and dried into kibble.

free range....we hear that and we are like pavlov's dogs.....we salivate and sit back, content in the knowledge that our dogs are now being fed nutritionless free range food.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that slurry looks like something that comes out of a meat grinder when I make turkey patties. So yeah, I'd eat it.

Anyways, I think they are doing a good job as far using fresh, hormone/antibiotic/free range meats and incorporating low temp cooking into the process. Yes, its still a kibble (not everyone can or wants to feed raw), but they are making it as close to its natural state as possible for those who want to feed kibble. My dog does extremely well on acana and its something that I'll keep in my rotation, I dont mind paying little extra considering that its supporting local farmers and fishermen and the animals arent pumped full of chemicals.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Hey, I love this company and I advocate this to all my non Champion feeding friends, I still feed Acana to dogs I bring in before switching to raw or until they are adopted out.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Re,

My main point is this...

there is a contingency of folks out on this forum who have tried to make it clear that "Champion is like any of the other companies and any attempts to say they are different is purely a smokescreen.

Now, I know your thoughts on processing and the very nature of the extensive processing that goes into Dog Food is never going to agree with you...and I respect your stance on this.

My post was directed at those who say that the Chicken and Fish in Diamond plants and the chicken and Fish in Champion plants is not a damn bit different.

I'm only saying that SOMEONE...either Champion or those who take the above position are flat out mistaken or at worst spreading untruths.

Champion makes it VERY clear that their ingredients are NOWHERE NEAR the stuff that goes into other Dog foods.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Merlin,

I don't want to speak for her....
but I can assure you...Mag(Re) does not eat any Hot Dogs. :smile:

Reactions: magicre

·
Registered
62 Posts
Well wasnt really pointed at anyone, was just mainly a thing that the same products ya see on that are the same that a person would eat, actually some of them ingredients are better then what i buy for myself :D

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
no problem....it was just funny to see it responded to her.... :wink:

you couldn't pick a more wrong person to ask if they eat HOT DOGS:wink:

Re, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on this one :wink:

·
Registered
62 Posts
no problem....it was just funny to see it responded to her.... :wink:

you couldn't pick a more wrong person to ask if they eat HOT DOGS:wink:

Re, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on this one :wink:
How can it be a wrong person to ask? :D the answer usually always is 1 syllable :p (in theory) :D

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
How can it be a wrong person to ask? :D the answer usually always is 1 syllable :p (in theory) :D

One aspect of the discussion I find spot on, Merlin is this....and its funny as hell. For many of us(me included)...our Dogs eat better than us by a longshot.

Heck, we sit and debate whether the heat is hurting some of the nutrients in our Dogs food. MEANWHILE, I am throwing down garbage that NEVER HAD ANY NUTRIENTS IN THE FIRST PLACE :wink::biggrin:

Hey, at least my Dogs are getting SOME nutrients. :biggrin:

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
Re,

My main point is this...

there is a contingency of folks out on this forum who have tried to make it clear that "Champion is like any of the other companies and any attempts to say they are different is purely a smokescreen.

Now, I know your thoughts on processing and the very nature of the extensive processing that goes into Dog Food is never going to agree with you...and I respect your stance on this.

My post was directed at those who say that the Chicken and Fish in Diamond plants and the chicken and Fish in Champion plants is not a damn bit different.

I'm only saying that SOMEONE...either Champion or those who take the above position are flat out mistaken or at worst spreading untruths.

Champion makes it VERY clear that their ingredients are NOWHERE NEAR the stuff that goes into other Dog foods.
i don't disagree with the ingredients....not most of them anyway....and, by the way, there's another recall from diamond :)

what i disagree with and always have and always will is the processing....

low and slow is what you do to bbq....not dog food.

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
Well wasnt really pointed at anyone, was just mainly a thing that the same products ya see on that are the same that a person would eat, actually some of them ingredients are better then what i buy for myself :D
agreed. so the question begs to be asked...why do YOU eat such crap?

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
Cause it taste good :D
i admire your honesty.

did you know that the upcoming generations have less of a statistical chance, an actuarial chance of living longer than their parents?

it is the first time this has happened...and is directly related to the food we eat...but, as long as it tastes good....

·
Registered
62 Posts
i admire your honesty.

did you know that the upcoming generations have less of a statistical chance, an actuarial chance of living longer than their parents?

it is the first time this has happened...and is directly related to the food we eat...but, as long as it tastes good....
Well that's if ya eat it everyday which i don't, I never go to fast foods either, not only by choice, but mainly because there isn't any in my town :p

and that statistic is relevant in the US tho not me

·
Registered
9 Posts
hotdogs

that's the key isn't it???? We don't eat junk everyday twice a day 7 days a week. The odd pizza, hotdog, hamburg wouldn't kill us.... would it???

1 - 20 of 32 Posts