Dog Food Chat banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Congrats on your new pup! He's adorable!! What breed is he/she?

Definitely don't let him chew on your things. What seems cute now, won't be when your things are in shreds. Get him some chew toys and every time he starts chewing on something inappropriate, take it away and substitute one of his chew toys. The best prevention is to keep things put away so he can't get to them - you learn to puppy proof, lol!

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
the best puppy proof is the pup is tethered to you 24/7 and when you're sleeping attach the pup
to you with a chain that has a motion detector/ alarm unit. lol.

Congrats on your new pup! He's adorable!! What breed is he/she?

Definitely don't let him chew on your things. What seems cute now, won't be when your things are in shreds. Get him some chew toys and every time he starts chewing on something inappropriate, take it away and substitute one of his chew toys. The best prevention is to keep things put away so he can't get to them -

>>>>>you learn to puppy proof, lol!<<<<<

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Welcome to DFC! What a cute pup! I've never heard of that breed before. He is very cute! And when I was young I had one of my labs shew the tops off of my boots. My dad was very upset. Haha.

·
Banned
47 Posts
I'm quite familiar with the breed.

The Bouvier Des Flandres is a very handsome and strong breed.

They also tend to be very head-strong and their power and drive makes sound training an imperative.

They are one of those breeds best raised by people with high levels of expertise with dog training. If that's not you, I'd strongly advise getting yourself enrolled in classes while you still have a pup on your hands. Bouvier Des Flandres are super cool dogs when they are well trained, but a bit scary when not.

Best,

Bill

1 - 16 of 16 Posts