Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So guess what food Petsmart is going to be carrying in the fall.....Wellness.

I wonder what the prices will be.....:confused:

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
well, Core is over $2/lb at my local PETCO.

I'm sure it will be near that price.

I like Core. It's a solid food.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Will they be carring the Core line too? My PetCo (where the pets go!) only has regular Wellness.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, Core is over $2/lb at my local PETCO.

I'm sure it will be near that price.

I like Core. It's a solid food.
It is. All the other varieties are a rip-off though for what you get.

We have Pet Supermarkets around here and they always carry Wellness for a lot cheaper than Petco. Hopefully we'll compete with their prices and not Petco's.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
harr,

why does everyone call the grain lines of Wellness such a bad product?

Admittedly, I always recommend people go Grain Free....but in the entire grain inclusive world, I don't find Wellness any worse than the others in the category.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My Petco carries the Wellness Core line. I was told by an employee that they have to maintain a certain price point and cannot undercut the smaller stores by making agreements to buy in larger quantity and sell cheaper. I am not sure if that is true but the price is the same as at the independently owned store where I usually shop.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will they be carring the Core line too? My PetCo (where the pets go!) only has regular Wellness.
That I don't know. The only notice that we've had so far is an informative press release that's hanging up in our computer office. LOL

harr,

Admittedly, I always recommend people go Grain Free....but in the entire grain inclusive world, I don't find Wellness any worse than the others in the category.
You know...that's a good question. When Brady was a puppy he grew up on Wellness puppy. I think that most of the grain-inclusive varieties are ok, but the small breed and large breed ones are MASSIVELY over-priced. They are about just as much as Core with less meat.

My Petco carries the Wellness Core line. I was told by an employee that they have to maintain a certain price point and cannot undercut the smaller stores by making agreements to buy in larger quantity and sell cheaper. I am not sure if that is true but the price is the same as at the independently owned store where I usually shop.
The Petcos around here are quite a bit more expensive than the smaller pet stores. I guess it varies by location.

·
Registered
5 Posts
In my area Wellness Core is about 25-30% more than Orijen...it is decieving because the bag of Wellness Core is 26lb and Orijen is 30lb. I wish our local Pet Valu carried Orijen instead of Wellness Core.

·
Registered
329 Posts

They are not "bad" products.....just low on meat content and low on calories. For the price you pay for Wellness, I believe there are better options.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts