Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, just wanted to post some pictures of my boys.

The Cavalier is my 4 year old guy, his name is Jack. He was born at the clinic where I work, c-section.. I was the first person to lay hands on him. He was stuck in the birth canal...he has a few issues (he is almost completely deaf) but is a very nice dog.

The other dog is my 10 month old standard poodle puppy named Flip. Flip was also a rescue, he was shipped up here from Alabama (a breeder relinquish, I was told) and placed with me through a local rescue. He is a goofy loveable guy that everyone adores. We are doing some agility ground work and he seems a natural. Don't worry, we're not overdoing the weave poles and keeping the jumps nice and low. :)
Anyway, pics!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aww, thank you!

I didn't mean to imply anything, I just meant he had a bunch of genetic disaster issues...:eek:

He also has awful teeth, a crowded mouth and he had bad eye running until I switched him to bottled water only.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Beautiful dogs! Unfortunately Cavalier's are plagued with genetic issues! Hope you become one of our core members here :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
such cuties! sorry to hear of the probs. with the cavalier, but they are so cute! He looks very happy in the pics! The poodle is adorable!:smile:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is another one of our Cavalier Jack waking up after the last dental I did on him. :( Hopefully those will be less frequent soon!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do too!
Look how pathetic he looks.

No more dentals yay Aspen! <3

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I LOVE my standard poodle...don't get me wrong, I love my cavalier too, but my spoo is my 'soulmate' dog, I'd say.

They are such a great breed, though I get asked if he is a 'doodle' a lot because I keep him so shaggy. I like him better shaggy, he's cuter and people don't call him a girl as much. ;)
Here is a picture of him actually looking like a poodle:

Reactions: Redhead4ever

·
Registered
219 Posts
that's funny, I think of my deaf boxer, Felix as my "soulmate" too :)
Is that the slang for standards, spoo? hehe I like it.
I've only seen a couple spoo's in person and they were so beautiful- looked like they had show cuts. I've never gotten to really interact with one, but from what I've read they sound like a great fit for me... and highly trainable.
So, my next dog will be a spoo, blue heeler or another boxer :biggrin: Just as soon as I get a place with a yard and find a rescue.

Do you groom him yourself or take him some place? How often does he need a trim?
What do you think of the pony doodle?:
http://www.caninehorizons.com/The_Ponydoodle.html

haha

·
Registered
4 Posts
Your dogs are beautiful. My brother and sister in law moved to Lincoln, Nebraska a couple of years ago. They decided to go the the Humane Society in Omaha and adopt a cat. They came home with a two year old standard poodle - LOL! He is an incredible dog and has brought them so much joy. We visited them last summer and our entire family fell in love with him.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that's funny, I think of my deaf boxer, Felix as my "soulmate" too :)
Is that the slang for standards, spoo? hehe I like it.
I've only seen a couple spoo's in person and they were so beautiful- looked like they had show cuts. I've never gotten to really interact with one, but from what I've read they sound like a great fit for me... and highly trainable.
So, my next dog will be a spoo, blue heeler or another boxer :biggrin: Just as soon as I get a place with a yard and find a rescue.

Do you groom him yourself or take him some place? How often does he need a trim?
What do you think of the pony doodle?:
The Ponydoodle

haha
OMG the ponydoodle! LOL! That is a fantastic rebuttal to all the 'doodle' breeders out there.

Spoo is slang for standard poodle.
You should join the spoo forum when you're ready to find a friend...though beware, they can be a little snotty. :)
Poodle Forum - Standard Poodle, Toy Poodle, Miniature Poodle Forum ALL Poodle owners too! - Powered by vBulletin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts