Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!! :biggrin:

I am from Alberta, Canada and share my life with a 12 year old Australian Shepherd "Wynnie" and a 3 year old Rottweiler "Kamo". On Saturday we will welcome a new little rottie girl into the family who will be known as "Lyric" :smile:

I feed raw to my guys and can't wait to read everything that is available to read!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I like to learn everything I can about it. Currently my Kamo dog is undergoing chemotherapy so his diet has changed a lot!! I will keep poking around and maybe post some pictures in the picture section.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Welcome! The puppy in your avatar is stinkin' ADORABLE!!! Would love to see more pics.... :wink:

Richelle

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What did his diet change from/to?
He ate raw previously but he now eats a home cooked diet as his WBCs have crashed fairly low several times after his treatments. I have also upped his OFAs a lot. I rarely cook for us so cooking for my dog is not mu favorite thing to do! :eek: Good thing is that his last treatment is on July 15th and he can go back to normal!!! Thank goodness :smile:

Ania's Mommy said:
Welcome! The puppy in your avatar is stinkin' ADORABLE!!! Would love to see more pics....
Thank you ... I can't wait to pick her up and add her to our family! I am told she is a handful ... and I wouldn't want it any other way! You also have NO idea what you are getting yourself into when you ask me for pictures ... I am totally and completely addicted to my camera!! I will see if there is a place to share pictures on the forum too!

saraj2878 said:
You have a group of well accomplished dogs. Well done!
Can't wait to see more pics.!
Thanks! I am super proud of my guys and just love spending so much time with them!!

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
He ate raw previously but he now eats a home cooked diet as his WBCs have crashed fairly low several times after his treatments. I have also upped his OFAs a lot. I rarely cook for us so cooking for my dog is not mu favorite thing to do! :eek: Good thing is that his last treatment is on July 15th and he can go back to normal!!! Thank goodness :smile:
Why do you think you can't feed raw now? What kind of raw diet were you feeding? Why do you feel its necessary to cook for him?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For the 7 weeks he was undergoing radiation and for the first 2 chemo treatments he continued to eat raw. His modical oncologist advised against it but I did it anyway. Then his WBC count dropped to 1.2 which is extremely low and he acquired an intestinal infection. I have since chose to cook for him. Do I think that raw is the best way to feed my dogs - yes, will I be feeding him it again - yes for sure (counting down the days actually) :rolleyes:, but I had to look at his health and chose to cook for him. I know several people who's dogs have eaten raw and had chemo with no issues what so ever and I hoped he wold as well ... but he didn't. He only has 3 weeks left and then I will switch him back! I can't wait :biggrin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts