Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. My name is Terri and I have two dogs: a 16 year old Weimeraner and a 3 year old rescued Pit. Our Pit, Snowy, was in horrible condition at the time we rescued her. A few months after we adopted her, we found out she has severe hip dysplasia in both hips, as well as severe arthritis. She also has allergies, ear problems and bladder stones. We LOVE her dearly -- she is such a sweet doll -- but she stresses me out with all of her health problems. I'm trying to find the BEST dog food at a reasonable price in hopes that a really healthy diet will help her immune system. Do any of you use ACANA (by the makers of Orijen)? Is too much protein bad? What is the most healthful dog food? thanks for any advice

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Welcome to the forum, you will find lots of useful info here. If you do some more research and since you haven't posted your question in the dry food section, I would seriously consider looking into feeding a raw diet for all the health issues that your pit has. It would tremendously help with her immune system, allergies and ear problems, of course depending on what ear problems they are. I switched my dogs over to raw about 7 mo. ago because of skin allergies and they are doing great. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Welcome to the forum! your a wonderful person adopting your pit bull! KUDOS to you!
You will find tons of info. here! welcome aboard!:smile:

·
Registered
68 Posts
No personal experience with Acana, but I've heard it is very good and the ingredients look good. You can give it a try and see how things go. Maybe try a smaller bag first and then if things are going well you could buy a larger bag next time around. Also, some places that sell dog food have sample packages you can get so that you can try a food out before buying a large bag. I think the protein is ok, but it really depends on how your dog does on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts