Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I ran across this site while researching the heck out of nutrition, vaccination, and anything else I could think of for my babies. You can probably tell from my name that I am partial to Chow Chows and after losing 5 of them to cancer (twice), bloat (twice), and one to medication reaction, all at the ages of 10,9,8,4,and 5 months, I decided I needed a whole new approach to health in my house. As a former vet tech, what I was taught in college sure wasn't working!
I now have a rescue 4 month old Chow/Husky pup who is the love of my life. He eats Innova Puppy food until I feel he is old enough to mix in a grain free food.
I also obedience and agility train all my Chows, just to prove to people that Chows are sweethearts and not dogs that need to be feared. My neighbors can attest to that!
Sorry for the long post....I'm just happy to find a site that can help me keep my new little guy healthy and hopefully around for a long time. (and also my 11 year old Lhasa, who hates him!)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome! I would love to see some pics as well! i like Chows :) I am actually fostering a White Vhow right now :biggrin:He is a sweet guy

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My new baby is a cream with brown ears. He had 3 sisters and 1 brother at the rescue group and 1 was just returned after they had owned her for only a month so it's killing me not to go and rescue another chow baby. The rescue people really tried to screen the potential owners well and get people who knew Chow personalities but they still had one pup returned to them. I wish I could rescue them all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts