Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I was just informed of this great site on another forum I am a member of. I'm excited to learn even more about nutrition for my pup and hope i can share a little too!:biggrin:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I came from DOL also...I of course love DOL but I have gotten alot of help here with starting RAW and some people like Jon,Natalie,and RFD are very helpful!!!! Thank you all there are other people that have been helpful too just cant remember that many names lol

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
DOL is good, but not great when it comes to raw. I wish that people would go thru and read some of the older posts before posting up a new thread about the exact same subject. They have more Dane related things obviously, but sometimes I just can't handle the "high and mighty" attitude over there...

Glad that you joined and looking forward to chatting :biggrin:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the warm welcome! I've been addicted to DOL for some time, since we are new Dane owners they have been a wealth of knowlege on the breed. Now we are starting the research end of raw feeding, I've read a few books and we've of course decided to do prey model, but mostly we're still in the planning stages, shooting to start in the new year hopefully. We currently have 1 6mo. Dane and a kitty with us. This should be interesting at least! :tongue:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome! I've been addicted to DOL for some time, since we are new Dane owners they have been a wealth of knowlege on the breed. Now we are starting the research end of raw feeding, I've read a few books and we've of course decided to do prey model, but mostly we're still in the planning stages, shooting to start in the new year hopefully. We currently have 1 6mo. Dane and a kitty with us. This should be interesting at least! :tongue:
I am addicted also and now I am addicted to both lol.....I was also going to wait to start raw feeding till the new year then one day I just said forget it why wait I also had great people on here to help me out and made me feel alot more comfortable just going for it...so I took the chicken I had in the deep freeze and started that day and I am soooo happy I did both my Danes are doing amazing on it and Roscoe(black) had bad dandruff and not so shiny coat has made a complete turn around he is soooo soft and shiny :smile: I have also noticed that they dont try to chew on things that they arent suppose to anymore (maybe because they have bones everyday in place of my couch etc...)

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
A few years ago I was one of the most prolific posters on DOL until I pissed off one of the good friends of the main moderator. :biggrin:

I made many many many posts on raw feeding, training, and the evils of kibble. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
A few years ago I was one of the most prolific posters on DOL until I pissed off one of the good friends of the main moderator. :biggrin:

I made many many many posts on raw feeding, training, and the evils of kibble. :biggrin:
I had someone asking about you over there... I wondered what had happened

Pretty sad when someone has to make thing personal. I can see how one might piss someone off over there though

REDHEADS: why wait? What's keeping you from starting now? :wink:

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
This is a more tight knit group that has more in common than anyone on DOL...even tho everyone there has a dane or at least plans on getting one.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum!:smile:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
REDHEADS: why wait? What's keeping you from starting now? :wink:
Haha I know right?! We just moved to Chattanooga about 6 weeks ago and are making a few trips back to our hometown in North Carolina soon. One of the items I need is my freezer! We bought a huge upright freezer months ago b/c we found a nice deal on craigslist and I will need that before we can really get into it. Otherwise, we would'nt be waiting. We are feeding Taste of the Wild right now, having to hand feed because she eats like we never feed her or something, so hopefully raw will slow her down a ton too! :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum! You will get tons of information here! There are alot of folk who know alot about what you need! :smile:

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum! You'll enjoy what you read here and also learn things! Have fun!:smile:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts