Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Danemama told me I should join here because I want to start my boys on a Prey Model diet. I have fed raw in the past but it was when I was a kid but my dad had it all set out I only fed it.

I have a 8 year old greyhound and a 5 year old Anatolian Shepard/Treeing Walker Mix. Scirocco is my greyhound and Walker is my mix.

In his favorite place

I also have 2 kids and a fiance. One is a 7y/o oy and the other is a 20 mth old

L

·
0 Posts
Welcome! I used to have a Greyhound --- a brindle female. Your pups are beautiful.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum! I am not a raw feeder but you will get great info. here!

Love the look on the pups! The greyhoud is so sleek looking! I have only seen one in my neighborhood a darker color and just a nice looking dog! The middle pic I love how hes got those ears cocked ha! He knew he was being photographed haha! Too darn cute!
Your pups are sweeties!:smile:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome! Gorgeous dogs! I feed a prey model diet too, but with some fruits and veggies, flaxseed, and supplemental clay. Just be sure you balance it. Dogs do need some fruits and veggies in their diet! Very few, but still some.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
You don't feed a prey model raw diet if you feed fruits, veggies, flaxseed or supplemnental clay. A prey model raw diet is meat, bones, and organs ONLY. Maybe some fish oil added but nothing else. Absolutely nothing that origninates in plants.

Dogs have absolutely no need for fruits or veggies. There are no nutrients in fruits or veggies that are not in meat, bones or organs of the prey animals that eat them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts