Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on several Yahoo Groups dog related lists and what is one more?

I have four dogs: 1 male black/white 2.5 yo Dalmatian that is a purine crystal former and has to be a on a low purine diet [recently been cooking & doing raw feeding]; 2 female liver 3 & 2 yo Dalmatians [allergy issues] & 1 female 4 yo Weimer with Addison's disease.

All the dogs were rescued while residing in Cabo Mexico. The Dals were products of puppy mill and may be related. They certainly have similar traits. The Weimer also rescued from an idiot that had her locked in the car on a hot August day out on the beach in Cabo. I came totally unglued.

I've spent the last two years researching almost everyday for diets, balanced nutrition and overall understanding their various ailments. Allergies are probably my biggest hurdle & issue to date.

Cynthia & her fur pack

My motto is:
Handle every day like a dog.
If you cant sniff, chew or eat it,
Then pee on it and walk away

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi - I am Candy's mom. Candy is a mix- maybe some Australian shepard, Chesapeake Bay retriever, German shepard? Anyway she was a small, skin and bones 7 lbs 7 week old when we rescued her- she is now almost 40 pounds of shining fur and big teeth in a sweet personality with a bit of mischief thrown in!She is calmly laying at my feet while I write this. She loves going everywhere with us- just wish they had dog friendly restaurants in the US- the best we can do is bring her to the out door coffee places. And she gets to go to work with us most of the time- we have a small studio in a large office complex- and we sometimes work late. Candy is scarier looking than she really is- she is only a 7 month old puppy so right now she wants to meet everyone and give them a licky bath and lots of kisses! We are from the greater Chicago area in the USA.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts