Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am from South Carolina and own a 5 year old English Bulldog and a 7 year old Great Pyrenees. I home cook for both dogs since the dog food recalls. I lost a Basset hound to the recalls in 2007. I would like to start raw but am a little scared. We fed a home cooked diet for 6 years for a very sick English Bulldog many years ago. My current dogs were on a better kibble for years before the recalls. Hope to learn more about feeding my dogs. Also would like to hear from English Bulldog and Great Pyrenees owners about their diets.:smile:

·
Registered
333 Posts
We have a large raw section that you can browse through not to mention multiple raw feeders that can definitely give you a lot of information. I'm sorry about your poor pup that passed due to recalls. I've stuck with EVO, merrick, orijen and wellness core throughout my pups life and there havent been recalls that i know of. what brand of food were you giving your dogs?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I was feeding Natural Balance canned and dry. We used Fromm Four Star Nutritional with our Bulldog and Great Pyr but them just switched to home cooked. Our Great Pyr has discoid lupus and recurrent ear infections. I was hoping raw might help her. I have tried giving raw from Nature's Logic and Stella and Chewy in the morning and home cooked and night. My Bulldog will not eat unless hand fed so I don't know if raw is an option because of that.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum! You will get lots of good info. here!
your dogs sound cute! My hubby always wanted a bull dog but just has not gotten one yet! They seem so cute! I love great pyrenees dogs! So big and cuddly!
I am feeding my 4 dogs beagle, ori~pei~ 2 labs wellness core weight mangement, wellness superfive mix fish one, fromm chicken, orijen adult. Right now! I switch brands for variety and they are fine with this! In the morning its dry food and for the evening meal I mix canned EVO or prarie or welness all premium brands which they do love and get use to the goodness fast haha! I use to feed horrible food until finding out that it was not good for the pups! Good luck with everything here! Have fun!:smile:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts