6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found the site! Love it.

I have 4 dogs:
Carolina 2 years old
Eng. Sprg Span/Yorkie 2 years old
Am Staff/Lab 1 year
Bull Terrier/Great Dane 8 months

My 2 oldest are CGC cert. Am Staff has her test in the next few months. Just got the Dane a month ago...have a long way to go! LOL

I volunteer with a rescue group in San Diego The Barking Lot

Looking forward to learning and sharing ideas with you!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You have beautiful dogs. :smile: There are a couple others from SoCal, too, like me and malluver. I'm in Ventura county. :biggrin:

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
The picture on bottom looks like one of my dog Emmy's litter mates, but she is a little over 4 years old....there is a picture of her in my sig :biggrin:

Welcome!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Hi and welcome! Your dogs are just a great looking bunch! Being a quad dog owner myself I just love to see others who have as many! They look like they are having a nice time in that Cali sunshine! Its freezing by me now! UGH! Have fun with your pups! And from what I read you are! :biggrin: and KUDOS to you for volunteering! :wink: sounds to me like alot of good times!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Beautiful Carolina Dawn. He looks a lot like my 13 month old female. We live in the Los Angeles area but she hates it here and much prefers the wilderness in Northern California. This is her at Silver Lake up in the Sierras.

Welcome to the forum.

Jay

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you so much for the warm welcome!

Jay, I have yet to meet another Carolina owner!!! Does your have a mind of her own like mine? LOL She is beautiful.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Does your have a mind of her own like mine?
LOL...you bet she does but half the time I can't figure out what the heck she is thinking. She really acts like a feral dog most of the time and even though she knows I'm the boss and her pack leader, she seems to always be wrestling with an internal struggle between being an obedient domesticated pet and caving in to her wild instincts that drive her natural behavior. But she tries to please me.

I always call her "my little dingo dog" because she acts like you would expect a wild dog to act half the time. She is not aggressive though, she is very sweet and gentle. But she is cautious, shy, sometimes fearful, and she has a strong flight instinct. She loves me but she doesn't like strangers. She is open to meeting other dogs, but she is cautious about it. She hates leashes too but she is great to walk with off-leash, which we can't do around here. It is very difficult to train her to do anything. It takes a lot of time and a repetitive routine. But she eventually gets it...most of the time.

She is quite a challenge but she is doing well. She is only 13 months old and as she sheds a lot of her puppy weirdness, she is getting easier to deal with. I wouldn't trade her for the world. :biggrin:

L

·
0 Posts
Dawn, these are truly gorgeous pictures of your Carolina.

And welcome aboard!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Dawn, he's beautiful. Where did you get him? Did you know what you were getting into with a Carolina? :biggrin:

Here's a few shots of my "dingo dog" from our most recent trip to the mountains. She loves running free!

Cool shot of him in the snow. I plan to introduce mine to the white stuff this year. Should be interesting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts