Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2 yr old German Shepherd named Frodo. I am very interested in feeding him the best I can and talking to people who consider their pets as family members. I got Frodo as a puppy after losing a 12yr old Shepherd named Chance unexpectantly. Hope to post his picture soon. Looking for some good advice here.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Hello and welcome! Have you considered feeding a raw diet? Couldn't provide much better than that for your dog!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm gonna stick with dry for now, was feeding RC til I got internet and started researching dog foods. Frodo did great on wellness and Innova, am currently trying Blue Buffalo and he loves it. I would like to try grain free but am wondering if to much protein because he is not all that active, just walks and a lot of playing.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
The only thing that you need to do differently for grain free food is just feed less of it. Some dogs will eat half their normal portion size in grain free foods.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad you joined us!!
I'd love to see pictures of your GSD.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Welcome from another NC dog owner. There's quite a few of us here from NC. Don't worry about feeding grain free to an inactive dog. I feed it to my 13 year old, 4 year old, 2 year old, and 5 month old dogs. The 13 year old has grown back all her hair since I switched her to Evo and assorted grain free canned so I'm really pleased with the switch.

Now, if it would only cool off a little here, I"d be really happy!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum! You will get great info here!:smile:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hi Ann G

I am a GSD mom too! I'm sure you miss Chance...Frodo is one lucky boy!
I'm looking forward to hearing more from you!

Tami

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Aren't gsd's great, I do miss Chance greatly but he will never be forgotten. Frodo is now my best friend and he is lucky, he gets treated better than my husband and son, lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts