Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where it is very very hot!
I currently live with 4 cats - all formerly feral. One 8 year old and one 10 year old that are tame. Two, one year old sisters that still resemble flying monkees. (Except when they stop to watch TV.)
I have one two year old pup. His mom is a yellow English lab and his dad is a Lab/Husky/Border Collie mix. He is absolutely beautiful. An amazing peacekeeper with other dogs. Very gentle with cats and turtles but has an irrational (or maybe rational) fear of people. He is getting much better on that one.
We stay in touch with a lot of his brothers and sisters and his mom and dad.
Except for the older two cats who just wandered in, the others came from Craig's list.
I am a dog trainer here in town and do a 2 hour radio show every week on cats and dog as well as write a column on dogs and cats for a local paper.
I do workshops on a variety of topics. Pet Nutrition used to be one of them. The vets sure don't like that though and it can get a bit boring.
It's still one of my big passions though.
I like an all natural approach - no vaccines or flea toxins etc. They all eat raw with a bit of Wellness crunchies mixed in.
Tracy B Ann
www.zenpaws.com
"The Politics of Dogs"
www.radiofreenashville.org

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hello & welcome to the forum. I joined today as well & hope to find out all there is to know the right way to feed my pets.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Looks like you will have a lot to bring to the board. The board is very grateful to have someone in your position and with you knowledge on the board. People like yourself and others on the board are going to make this a great place for people to come and get good, solid information.

Where it is very very hot!
I currently live with 4 cats - all formerly feral. One 8 year old and one 10 year old that are tame. Two, one year old sisters that still resemble flying monkees. (Except when they stop to watch TV.)
I have one two year old pup. His mom is a yellow English lab and his dad is a Lab/Husky/Border Collie mix. He is absolutely beautiful. An amazing peacekeeper with other dogs. Very gentle with cats and turtles but has an irrational (or maybe rational) fear of people. He is getting much better on that one.
We stay in touch with a lot of his brothers and sisters and his mom and dad.
Except for the older two cats who just wandered in, the others came from Craig's list.
I am a dog trainer here in town and do a 2 hour radio show every week on cats and dog as well as write a column on dogs and cats for a local paper.
I do workshops on a variety of topics. Pet Nutrition used to be one of them. The vets sure don't like that though and it can get a bit boring.
It's still one of my big passions though.
I like an all natural approach - no vaccines or flea toxins etc. They all eat raw with a bit of Wellness crunchies mixed in.
Tracy B Ann
www.zenpaws.com
"The Politics of Dogs"
www.radiofreenashville.org

·
Registered
110 Posts
I had a look at your website this morning. The tips are clear & very useful. My pup is a jumper, but she doesn't always jump on me. How do I train other people that don't mind her jumping on them?

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Puppy Jumping

This might need to go in another section. You really can't expect others to train your dog. (I better check my website, and I am glad you found the tips useful.) Teach your dog a very solid "sit/stay". You can't sit and jump at the same time, it's physically impossible.
Until she learns that, greet people at the door with your dog on a leash. I step on the leash so the dog can't jump and tell the people my dog is in training.
When she goes for a month without jumping you can teach her "up". That way anyone who wants her to jump up can ask her to.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
holistic animal care

NEW TO THE FORUM AS OF TODAY. I HAVE BEEN DOING ANIMAL HEALTH RESEARCH FOR OVER 20 YEARS.MOST ALL SPECIES. DOGS CATS HORSES MOSTLY. HAD A COMPANY THAT DELIVERED HOLISTIC PET PRODUCT TO THE CLIENTS FRONT DOOR FOR ALMOST 10 YEARS. LIFE CHANGE FOR ME AS I KNEW IT AND THE BUSINESS HAD TO CLOSE IT'S DOORS. I AM BACK INTO A HOLISTIC COMPANY NAMED TRILOGY THAT DEVELOPS A LINE OF PET PRODUCTS DESIGNED BY A HOLISTIC VET.DR.JANE BICKS. I ENCOURAGE YOU TO LOOK AT MY WEBSITE AND CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE QUESTION . I'M LOOKING FOR KNOWLEDGABLE PET PEOPLE TO JOIN ME IN MY MISSION TO GET INFORMATION OUT TO THE PUBLIC AND STOP ALL THE MASS PRODUCTION OF TERRIBLE FOODS OUT THERE THAT THE CONSUMOR THINKS IS OK. WHY ARE DISEASE UP SO HIGH AND CLIMBING IF THE FOODS WERE SO WONDERFUL? ANYWAY HERE IT IS www.circleoflifewellness.net

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They make that Life's Abundance food sound so good, but I certainly wouldn't feed it. Beet pulp is not something I want in dog food.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts