Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading all the paranoia and negative comments on the internet about the new canidae I thought I would post my experience.

I started my Golden Retriever on the new formula a few months ago. He loves it and every thing is fine with him. His coat is now shiny and looks much healthier. Another dog in the family(Sister in laws) refuses to eat her "normal" food when she visits, she try's to sneak the canidae from the other dogs. We decided to give her a bowl of it and no one has ever seen her eat so fast.

Currently our 8 month old black lab is on Blue Buffalo but I may switch her to canidae shortly.

Sometimes I think its easier for people to complain than compliment. So if you have had a good experience with canidae I encourage you to add your experience to this thread.

Merry Christmas

Mark

·
Registered
333 Posts
Its not that people find it easier to complain about a dog food. We just all like to hear peoples experiences with the different brands, good or bad. Many people have had trouble with Canidae, so I personally will not try it. There are many complimenting posts on the forums and many threads dedicated to the food many of us love.

I'm glad that the pets you know are doing well on it and by all means, Canidae is not horrible. It is just nice to know if people have had trouble with a specific brand. =)

Merry Christmas and happy holidays.

Reactions: BoxerMommie

·
Registered
3 Posts
wlgjallen

I agree with Mark that Canidae is still an excellent food and will remain on the Whole Dog Journal approval list.The new ingredients are used in other excellent foods. As for Diamond Petfoods i would note that the following are made at the Diamond plant: All Solid Gold,Natural Balance, Chicken Soup,Premium Edge and Artemis petfoods.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I agree with Mark that Canidae is still an excellent food and will remain on the Whole Dog Journal approval list.The new ingredients are used in other excellent foods. As for Diamond Petfoods i would note that the following are made at the Diamond plant: All Solid Gold,Natural Balance, Chicken Soup,Premium Edge and Artemis petfoods.
When I e-mailed Natural Balance around mid year this year they said that they no longer use Diamond plants to manufacture their foods.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have been using Canidae for quite some time and when the new formula came- NO bad reaction happened in my house with my dogs.:biggrin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts