Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm jumping from the welcome board for some help!

Quick review: I have a 5 yr old Rottie named Azland who was diagnosed insulin dependent diabetic. Having lots of trouble getting him stable. (Had seizures etc) Wonder why?? The vet had me feeding him Prescription Hills W/D with 51% Carbs!!!

Well, now I found you all and know better. I want to try the raw diet but need help getting started. I also want to keep it simple at first b/c I am a single mom (because my husband is currently deployed) who works full time as I get the hang of this I can start looking around for more sources for meat. I just want to start this ASAP because of Az's sugars.

I also have a 12 yo Boxer named Jake who other than some arthritis is great!

Az is 85 lbs and Jake is 72 lbs.

Any advice would be appreciated!
Vpeacock

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of raw! I wrote the getting started guide (link below) with the newbie raw feeder in mind. It's very detailed beginning on how to get prepared, what you need to feed raw, what to buy/what not to buy, etc. Please read through it and come back with any and all questions that might arise! Don't hesitate one bit :wink:

How to get started | Prey Model Raw

·
Registered
204 Posts
I gave you a bunch of links in the other post. Read through them, along with Danamama's page and then get back to us with questions. Jump right in. There's no need to wait.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts