Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone..

I recently got my self an pure bred english bulldog.. she is currently 4 months old and i have been feeding her acana since i have bought her.. the breeder use to feed her eukanuba and i switched to acana as i didnt hear good reviews about eukanuba. After i switched she has been sheding a lot and i do brush her 4 times a week but its getting worst.. i was thinking of switching her food to premium food like orijen, wellness or innova.

I need your help if any of u have had a similar problem and what food should i switch too.. please help

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Where do you live? and you do know that short haired dogs that have mostly white shed all the time, just ask me as I have an all white "English Bull Terrier", it is shedding season right now and you do have your dog on a very good food, try giving your dog some fish oil caps as this will help.

I'm not sure if your dog has a lot of white on it, but thought I'd bring that up as a possibility.

·
Registered
222 Posts
The shedding could also be due to better nutrition. Notice the new coat. Is it softer and shinnier? Once we went to raw ours all shed all of a sudden a TON like they never had before. The healthier coat underneith is so much softer and shinnier. What you are feeding is a big step up from Eukanuba.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have been feeding acana for 4 weeks and just bought another bag, sometimes it takes a month or two to really some some changes. Acana is much much better than Eukanuba, maybe she's just taking time to adjust. My gsd has been shedding a lot lately also. Like dobesgalore said, it might just be the better nutrition as I made the switch from Blue Buffalo.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Definitely a good move switching to Acana. One question about the shedding: any chance it could be seasonal, and just a coincidence that it occurred at the same time you switched foods?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts