Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

We have a golden and decided we wanted to have him on a raw diet. I started him off on Instinct Raw bites until we could do our research on the best recipes to feed him. My husband is a butcher and is able to make 50-pound quantities at a time. We have two recipes so far:

Beef recipe:
Eye of Round 40# (fat removed)
Liver 1#
Tripe 5#
Heart 4#

Chicken Recipe:
Whole Chicken (skinned) 40#
Liver 1#
Gizzards 5#
Hearts 4#

We give him 400 grams 2 times a day. I feed him chicken in the morning and beef at night.

When he was on the instinct raw bites we didn't have a problem with vomiting and diarrhea. But it seems that with the new meals we created it doesn't seem to work for him. Not sure how to fix this. I brought him to the vet and the wasn't really concerned about the vomiting. He did put him on a medication to stop diarrhea (Metronidazole), but after a couple of doses of the medicine his paws got really itchy and so I stopped the medicine. When I called the vet to let him know that he had a reaction to the medication he told me that it wasn't the medication, my dog was having some sort of skin allergy. I don't believe that because as soon as I stopped the medication, his feet were not itchy anymore....

I really want to keep feeding my dog raw. Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am only stating what seems obvious and you probably know this but in case... I see and hear often that when you CHANGE a dog's diet from whatever you were doing to adding Raw meat/organs there's a shock to the system and gas and diarrhea occurs. I believe Instinct has a mix of foods and of course nutrients; not just raw meat products.
Your situation seems ideal for a successful Raw diet imo... and I haven't gone all Raw, but in my experience, when I switched from a Grain free Kibble (mixed with fresh homemade cooked food) to a Coated Raw kibble, my dog got gas like it was going out of style. The little bit of freeze dried raw got to him.
I would suggest adding your raw meat mixes to Instinct gradually and wean your dog off the Instinct.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

We have a golden and decided we wanted to have him on a raw diet. I started him off on Instinct Raw bites until we could do our research on the best recipes to feed him. My husband is a butcher and is able to make 50-pound quantities at a time. We have two recipes so far:

Beef recipe:
Eye of Round 40# (fat removed)
Liver 1#
Tripe 5#
Heart 4#

Chicken Recipe:
Whole Chicken (skinned) 40#
Liver 1#
Gizzards 5#
Hearts 4#

We give him 400 grams 2 times a day. I feed him chicken in the morning and beef at night.

When he was on the instinct raw bites we didn't have a problem with vomiting and diarrhea. But it seems that with the new meals we created it doesn't seem to work for him. Not sure how to fix this. I brought him to the vet and the wasn't really concerned about the vomiting. He did put him on a medication to stop diarrhea (Metronidazole), but after a couple of doses of the medicine his paws got really itchy and so I stopped the medicine. When I called the vet to let him know that he had a reaction to the medication he told me that it wasn't the medication, my dog was having some sort of skin allergy. I don't believe that because as soon as I stopped the medication, his feet were not itchy anymore....

I really want to keep feeding my dog raw. Does anyone have any suggestions?
The old saying "If it's not broke-Don't try and fix it" Instinct is a professional company who have conducted feeding trials that are "Complete & Balanced"They have certified veterinary nutritionist's on staff. STAY WITH THE PROS

·
Registered
16 Posts
Cody Zeller is not really an elite player. He is not even a starter caliber player on any team let alone an all-star. Although he might have flashes of brilliance here and there but it is not going to matter if he is not consistent. People, players, and coaches will just think that it is just another flash in the pen and he will not be able to replicate his performance on the next game of the regular season. He is not even good enough to get pc games or even get more online from among-us.io.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts