Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I'm in dire need of your help. I have a 5 year old male Vizsla who has been recently diagnosed with "Bilious Vomiting Syndrome". It's an illness where they vomit up bile (sorry gross) early in the morning, have lots of gas and nausea throughout the day, but the stool, appetite, etc. is perfect. The bummer is once they vomit in the morning you have to break the cycle and feed immediately to keep the stomach full, which over produces acid, etc. anyway. Needless to say I'm feeding my boy 4 times a day! I'm giving him Merrick Before Grain Salmon/Chicken with an occasional canned Merrick on the top. He gets small amounts of food and he is in excellent condition otherwise. I have to give him Pepcid AC during the day and at night and feed him a late night meal of say oatmeal and kibble. I just hate medicating him all of the time and was wondering if there's a dog food out there that might help him. Technically, with this illness they should get less protein and fat, but he needs a highly digestible diet. I was initially thinking Nature's Variety Prairie Kibble with raw toppers, but heard their kibble is not as good as Merrick. I'm at a real loss here and if you have any suggestions/ideas, they would be welcomed. Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
I remember when I adopted Uno, he used to throw up clear bile each night, it was pretty gross. I think eventually his immune system got stronger and he stopped. Of course I dont feed him Iams either. Try a different kibble, I reccomend addding a probiotic/enzyme blend to the food.
I reccomend Prozyme and plain unsweetened yogurt.
Natures variety is pretty good, give it a try, I posted a coupon for free bag in one of the threads below that you can check out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts