Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
It's ok but it has a lot of the extra veggies and fruits that carnivores don't necessarily need so it's going to cause more poop than just straight home done raw diet.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
What do you guys think about this dog food? I found it while skimming through our Metro Pet magazine.

http://www.naturesvariety.com/raw_products_chicken
Feeding Natures Variety is much better than feeding the very best kibble. It is the bottom rung of the raw feeding ladder.

Good points: It is raw meat, bones, and organs. It is convenient.

Bad Points: It has some inappropriate ingredients. Its very heavy in bone content. Its ground. Its very expensive.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I personally think that it is a nice step into feeding raw. It is convenient. It is, though, yes, heavy in bone, does contain vegetables and is expensive.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've fed Natures Variety and Primal raw food exclusively to all four of my dogs for the past year and they've done great on it. I'm currently in the process of switching over to prey model raw food as I think that is the next step up for raw food, however, I really have seen improvements since switching them from a kibble diet over to Natures Variety. I do think it is a good food and it was a nice way for me to transition from kibble to raw as I was very unsure about how to prepare their raw food myself and buying it pre-made it was already done for me.

It is kind of expensive, some holistic pet food stores will have programs you can get on, you buy so many bags you get one free or you get a percentage off but even with that, it is more expensive than most kibbles.

If you are interested in trying it, you can go here
Welcome to Nature's Variety | Nature's Variety

and register and they will send you a coupon via email that you can print out for a buy one get one free so you can get two bags for $15.00-$20.00 (depending on what flavor you buy) instead of one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts