Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on Nature's Variety Frozen Raw? Because of work schedules, we need something "easy" to add in, and my dogs just DO NOT like freeze dried. Will not eat it. Thought I'd give these a try. They are 95% meat/bone/organ. They have a small amt of veggies/fruits but not enough that I think its unnecessary.

Edited to add...we have been feeding The Honest Kitchen most meals with additional raw meat added in, as well as raw meaty bones on an almost daily basis. So they aren't on a full raw diet, but are getting mostly raw or less processed food :) I know its not perfect by the raw fed standard but they are very very healthy and well cared for, and the raw meaty bones keep their teeth in top shape ;)

L

·
0 Posts
I haven't had any problems whatsoever feeding premade raw and that includes Nature's Variety. It's the easiest way to feed raw for a person who is new to the whole raw concept. I have in fact used the NV frozen raw medallions as a mid-day snack at times when my dogs are especially active.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think they are pretty good for a pre-made raw patty. There was a recall a few months ago but anything on the market now should be safe, hopefully. For your purposes I think they would be a great addition to the diet you already feed.

·
Registered
216 Posts
We sell a good bit of it at the store. I think the most popular one we have is Columbia River Natural, but that comes in 2# "chubs" not patties. I think the price is a little lower too. They have varieties including with or without veggies, and with or without organs (hear and liver). They also have more flavors than I've seen in any other. The normal ones like chicken, beef, turkey, etc., and also pheasant, guinea fowl, rabbit, and others.

But I haven't heard any complaints about Nature's Variety. The customers that feed it seem pretty happy with it.

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
Was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on Nature's Variety Frozen Raw? Because of work schedules, we need something "easy" to add in, and my dogs just DO NOT like freeze dried. Will not eat it. Thought I'd give these a try. They are 95% meat/bone/organ. They have a small amt of veggies/fruits but not enough that I think its unnecessary.

Edited to add...we have been feeding The Honest Kitchen most meals with additional raw meat added in, as well as raw meaty bones on an almost daily basis. So they aren't on a full raw diet, but are getting mostly raw or less processed food :) I know its not perfect by the raw fed standard but they are very very healthy and well cared for, and the raw meaty bones keep their teeth in top shape ;)
i think, if i were to go with a pre made, it would either be darwins or primal.

and of course, i'd add rmbs regularly.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
I second the primal as they don't add a much of crap to the mix. And of course the RMB's

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pretty much the only pre-made raw I can get here is Nature's Variety, which is why I ask specifically about it...its either that or ground meats from the grocery store at this point. Its too expensive to keep shipping things in.

They get lots of RMBs too :)

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
One of my dogs eats Nature's Variety Raw (we do NV Instinct raw for breakfast and kibble for dinner). He loooooves the raw medallions! I am thinking about switching my puppy from Innova LB Puppy (kibble) to Nature's Variety raw medallions!

Let me know what you end up going with for convenience! I would love to switch my dogs completely to raw but I also really need something quick and easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts