Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some advice.....I was wondering if anyone has heard of Natural Ultramix Adult Dog food and if you could offer any advice on it? It doesn't have any corn or wheat in it & the first 3 ingredients are meat. I am trying to find a good dog food for my 8 year old 40lb husky dog, any suggestions? It seems like she does fine with any new food for a while then doesn't want to eat anything causing her to get really lethargic and low energy. If i can get her out of the house she is excited to go on walks but it is hard to motivate her to do much of anything. I don't know whether it is her food that is causing this or something else. Any words of wisdom or ideas?

·
Registered
329 Posts
I need some advice.....I was wondering if anyone has heard of Natural Ultramix Adult Dog food and if you could offer any advice on it? It doesn't have any corn or wheat in it & the first 3 ingredients are meat. I am trying to find a good dog food for my 8 year old 40lb husky dog, any suggestions? It seems like she does fine with any new food for a while then doesn't want to eat anything causing her to get really lethargic and low energy. If i can get her out of the house she is excited to go on walks but it is hard to motivate her to do much of anything. I don't know whether it is her food that is causing this or something else. Any words of wisdom or ideas?

Honestly? A visit to the vet for an exam would be what I'd do first. Seems odd you can't get her excited to do anything. Food plays only a minor role in mood.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I agree that a trip to the vet should be done first. With your Husky getting older there may be an underlying condition causing her lethargy. :smile:

As far as foods go I would recommend:
Orijen
Acana
Horizon Legacy

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
I second taking her to the vet. Get blood work done to check kidneys values. How long will she go without eating?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts