Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put out another message earlier today, asking if anyone wanted to join my team and get in on a share of expired meat I was about to be getting from my local Wal-Mart.

However, I feel I should also mention that this is a nationwide program! It is called Feed the Animals Across America, and it is being done through a recycling company out of Frisco, Texas, called Quest Recycling.

All of the meats and produce that expires at Wal-Mart and Sams stores is currently going into landfills across the nation. That is why they have partnered with Quest Recycling to sign up "vendors" across the nation and assigning them to Wal-Mart and Sams stores. Only one person is assigned a particular store - that store is no one elses. That is good news and bad news. The good news is, you will get a lot of meat that no one else will get unless they want to come to you for it.

The bad news? It is A LOT of meat. In the neighborhood of 1,000lbs a month or more! The store I am planning on signing up for averages 2,800lbs a month!! YIKES and DOUBLE YIKES!!!

You have to take it all; you don't have a choice. You sign a 2-year committment contract with Quest Recycling. The monthly fee is anywhere from $100 a month to $150 a month. The contract is primarily for insurance purposes. By signing, you will be covered under their umbrella insurance policy (you know, because you'll be buying expired meat).

For more information about this program and how you can get started as a vendor for your local Wal-Mart, go to Quest Recycling

If you live near Norcross, GA and you would like to be on my team, please email me at [email protected] and we'll talk! :)

-Steph

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Before you get real excited about this, I suggest you talk to someone who is actually receiving this meat and learn all you can from them.

EDITED TO ADD: Expired meat from Walmart or any other grocery store does not end up in landfills. It ends up at the rendering plant where it is turned into dog food. Rendering plants pay money for this expired meat. Turning it into dog food and other products is how they make a living. There is no surplus of expired meat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts