Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a really nice gentleman who comes into the practice with is sweet little husky named Bella.

Long story short, he and Bella spend their entire summers in Alaska. This fellow runs a tour operation, and Bella is involved with it. All summer long she and the other dogs that work with him eat raw salmon they catch from the local 'salmon farm' (the owner doesn't care) in addition to whatever rabbits and other furry critters they can snag.
When he winters here in WI, he feeds Bella kibble. This winter has been murder on her, her coat is dull, her teeth are getting gunky (she's only 1) and she is constantly scratching. My boss put her on Royal Canin Duck and Potato, and she's improved very slightly.

I got to have a conversation with the guy over lunch Friday, and I gently hinted that maybe Bella did better in Alaska because she was eating fresh raw food. It was like I saw a lightbulb go off over the guy's head. ;) He said he was afraid to feed raw, and I reminded him there was no reason to fear, Bella ate raw already. He asked me about Flip, who is always here at work with me, and I told him how I fed him and wrote down some of the links from you guys for him. :D

Looks like we have another convert. Good for Bella!

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Woot!!! Just keep up the good work! I try and convert as many people as I can...gosh, sounds like a religion LOL but it really kinda is since we are all so flippin' passionate about it! :biggrin:

If he's internet savvy tell to join up here, if not just print out some of the people's posts and the article of the PMR site as well for him to read!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts