Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Annabelle, who I fostered last year, and she was adopted by a lovely family. I believe that they had good intentions, but it didn't turn out so hot. According to them Annabelle was being a picky eater, and would not eat my disgusting "health food" kibble, and I fed her way too much yogurt. She was on Innova EVO when she left me. So they started cooking for her.

8mos of being fed omlets & hot dogs everyday, 2 meals a day.
And this is her healing. The skin is more gray than black now. And you can't really tell from the pics, but her hair is starting to grow back on her face. She looked like she had a monkey face, with no hair.

And what the pictures can not show... is the smell :cry:

She had to have 2 pills and ear cleaner 2x a day, ointment once a day, and a bath with medicated shampoo and leave in conditioner every other day.

Here she is now, On good food. I love her red coloring :) and she's been adopted by a wonderful (and much more dog savvy) family :D

In conclusion. Hot dogs and omlets. Don't do it! :eek:

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Too many people think they should have dogs just like children, when in reality very few people qualify in my book as good parents!

I have three bull terriers, all from the same litter 2 are rescues that the owners have given up because of the obvious reasons (didn't know what I was getting into, or moving into a place that doesn't allow dogs) Good for you for fostering and rehabilitating dogs that ignorant people unknowing have abused.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Good for you for fostering and rehabilitating dogs that ignorant people unknowing have abused.
One of the tragedies in how dog foods are marketed and sold is that a lot of very well-meaning dog owners rely a lot on marketing and advertising to make their decisions, go into a big box and buy the highest-priced stuff out there, thinking it must be the best. And more often than not they bought garbage. Yet they feel good about what they are doing; in their minds they really are trying to do what is best for their dog.

That is the really sad thing to me -- many owners *mean* well (and may even be willing to pay up for quality) but they rely on marketing and advertising rather than becoming educated. And they are paying up -- for advertising budgets, not quality. That's the "unknowingly abused" part.

(Obviously not in this case, though; I can't imagine anyone thinking omelets and hot dogs are good for dogs.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts