Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was walking with Buster and Marley today and they both spotted a coyote and ran after it. It kinda seems like it was a trap though because the coyote ran and it ran to a big pack of about six other coyotes and buster and marley got into it with all of them of course and they both got bit but busters is just a tiny little scratch but marley has a pretty deep wound. I think there are a few dead coyotes now though so they did ok lol. I am taking them to the vet this afternoon to get antibiotics so they dont get really sick. Is there anything else I should do to make sure they are going to be ok? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
It sounds to me like the coyotes got attacked instead if they were able to kill a few of them!!! What kind of dogs are Buster and Marley???

You are very lucky that it wasn't the other way around. Coyotes are pretty fierce animals that can do a lot of damage to unsuspecting animals. We have only gotten close to a coyote once and it ran away from our girls too.

The animal that I worry more about are rattle snakes...since we came across one this past weekend... :eek:

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Yeah, coyotes are pretty good at going for their attackers throat, my good friend who has corgi's lost her beautiful tri female to a coyote last year.

I'd clean the wound out with some betadine cleanser, Good luck!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
wow!:eek: That is so frightening! We walk our dogs on leashes and have seen coyotes. I have been warned even by people while walking, that they are around. We have had coyotes even in driveways UGH! Now that I hear this I am def. again going to carry something with me on walks! And not just a cell phone, tretas and water LOL!
Hope alls well with your pups! Thats a very scary read!

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Make sure to clean out Buster's scratch really good, too. When Ryou got attacked by another dog, he had a scratch so tiny and so unseen that I couldn't find it when combing over the area three times really thoroughly, but it was there, because it got infected and ended up being a 3/4 of an inch hole in his neck that needed stitches!

Good luck with everything! That sounds like a horrific experience!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all of the good wishes Buster and Marley are both male boxers so they can fend for themselves and they are doing just fine. I took them to the vet and they got shots and antibiotics. The crazy thing was that they went after the coyote and the coyote was really friendly and playfull untill it lured my dogs over to its pack. Then all of a sudden out of nowhere a bunch of coyotes jumped my dogs. I have heard other people telling this story around here as well and lots of little dogs dissapear this way, it is amazing how smart the coyotes are here it really seems like they set up a trap for my dogs. I am glad everything worked out so well and my dogs didnt get hurt we are really lucky. I think the only reason they got out of it is because they work so well as a team and buster is blazingly fast that probably helped too but I feel really lucky now. Thanks again for the good wishes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts