Dog Food Chat banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My two dogs eat just about anything. I have had trouble every month trying to figure out how to get the smelly pill down. Yes, I've tried all the previous ideas. Besides cutting it in 1/2 and shoving it down their throats I finally discovered that a can of vienna sausage. worked. i cut the sausage. in 2/3, I cut the pill in 4, make an X with a knife at the end of the sausage.. put the pill piece in and just as they are figuring out how to get the nasty out their mouth, I give them the other 1/3 of the piece of sausage. Also if you soak the pill in the sausage it helps. Probably can do it with hotdogs. Let me know how it works. I just ordered trifexis and then looked up the reviews, scary. I found this site and am happy to not hear of horror stories about this med for my furry children. Let me know it this helps are if you have any other SURE THINGS.

·
Registered
12 Posts
We have the same problem once a month. They really need to make a better tasting pill. Coating it in peanut butter will get the first half down but the second half requires force unfortunately.

Will have to take a look at Pill Pockets.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts