Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had 3 ducks given to me the other day. Took them home and cleaned them. Didn't really know what I was doing:confused: Managed to get them skinned, put them out for my dogs, and all but the old one turned their noses up:frown: They looked and licked a little, but wouldn't eat any of it. How ungrateful, after all the trouble I took to skin those dang things:biggrin: I suppose, if I were to be getting alot of duck I could make them eat it, but that is something I probably won't have an abundance of.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
I regularly feed my dogs duck necks and they love em.....................................

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Fast your dogs for a full day and see if that will change their minds about it...sometimes just a little persuasion will get your dogs to eat a new meat source. Going to the lengths of several days with them not eating them is not necessary (like switching picky dogs to raw to begin with). It might just be that your dogs don't like duck, and there is no reason to try and feed a new meat source if your dogs wont like it. Two of our dogs don't like fish, so we don't make them eat it. Organs on the other hand is a fight with all the dogs, except one LOL

Good luck~

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Organs on the other hand is a fight with all the dogs, except one LOL

Good luck~
I laugh everytime I get a visual of you craming organ meat down your dogs throat:biggrin:
My old 15y/o dog is getting the duck. She seems to like it. Too bad for the others. It looks like a good, rich meat.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think a missed meal would persuade them otherwise! Hahah.

Oakley will eat anything I put in front of her it seems... although once in awhile if she gets chicken that was frozen she sits and stares at it for a while.. must not be as good as the fresh stuff.

She LOVES liver. We tried that back when she was on kibble.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts