Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He is now 4 1/2 months old. His paws are bigger than my friends 5 yr old female boxer. His ears are some of the longest I've ever seen on a basset in person. He should be around 70 lbs when hes full grown. He is currently 33 lbs...

Some of these are from 2 months ago when I first got him...

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
He's such a cutie! What is his name? Are you planning to hunt with him? Despite all the Bassets I know, I have yet to meet a true hunting one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha. When I first got him he couldnt even run. He would step on his ears when he would try to run and he would go tumbling all over the place. It was too funny. He is starting to grow into his ears now. They dont touch the floor anymore when he walks.Thanks for the compliments.

Corgipaws, i like your Grissom. I used to to have a female Welsh Corgi that i rescued off the streets of New Orleans when she was a puppy. I found her when I was 6 yrs old behind my uncles house. I had her for 14 yrs.

He is a pretty smart dog. I house trained him in a little over a week and taught him how to sit, stay, roll over, and shake within a week.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its amazing what he will do for treats. Im trying to wean him off the treat training right now. I dont want to be fat and lazy and only work for food. He is still a little iffy on the roll over and shake. It takes me a few times of saying it for him to do it.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
What a cutie! Gotta love those ears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts