Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So EV has done well on the chicken Qs so far since last wednesday so we decided to try turkey necks tonight. They only carry the cut ones in small packages, and I want to make sure she will eat them before I haul off and buy 40lbs of un-cut necks. So we came home with 3.5lbs of the cut necks. I only gave her one of the pieces with her chicken quarters tonight and I'm just wondering if this is correct? Slowly introduce the turkey over a week or so until she is eating a full meal? Or do I just start alternating turkey meals with chicken meals and watch poop?

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
I would alternate chicken and turkey for one meal a day. For example when I'm introducing a new dog to raw, I feed chicken backs each morning. The 2nd week, I'm feeding quarters in the evening meal. When I introduce, I alternate the quarters and necks, one each night. Backs every morning, either a quarter or turkey neck in the evening.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EV only gets one meal per day at the moment and seems to be doing well (no bile or weight-loss) so would you suggest just alternating each day?

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Yep just try her with one turkey neck-only meal next week and see how she does with it! Glad the new diet is working so well!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts