Dog Food Chat banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
I used to have a salt block for my guinea pig and he gnawed on it all the time, but I think it was just salt. We also had them in all the cow pastures. I would think dogs would lick them because my dogs sure seem to like salty stuff, just like people do. It doesn't mean that its good for them.

Rocky also eats flowers, and Shade eats dirt. I have no idea why the two of them do that, and just those particular things. Shade doesn't eat the flowers that Rocky does, and Rocky doesn't eat the dirt that Shade does, yet they have the exact same diet. So you wouldn't think they would be missing any essential nutrients or they would both crave the same thing. Maybe they just like the way it tastes?

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
I used to have a salt block for my guinea pig and he gnawed on it all the time, but I think it was just salt. We also had them in all the cow pastures. I would think dogs would lick them because my dogs sure seem to like salty stuff, just like people do. It doesn't mean that its good for them.

Rocky also eats flowers, and Shade eats dirt. I have no idea why the two of them do that, and just those particular things. Shade doesn't eat the flowers that Rocky does, and Rocky doesn't eat the dirt that Shade does, yet they have the exact same diet. So you wouldn't think they would be missing any essential nutrients or they would both crave the same thing. Maybe they just like the way it tastes?
this is what i found....and i don't think dogs need it...just my opinion....especially if they are getting the nutrients they need from their proteins/bone/organ.

Crystalyx

21 - 23 of 23 Posts