Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
I wonder if they made a mistake, 12 bags for less than the normal price of 1?? Must say, 12 bags would probably last my dog for the rest of her life.
Anyway, I've ordered some, I'll just give them out to my friends, at less than $1 a bag, can't argue with that!
Forgot to add, thanks for pointing it out.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Didn't merrick have a recall on some of those items?

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Sure why not!

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
I guess the recall was for the Merrick beef filet squares, they have extended that recall

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought it might be a mistake too but the shipping weight is 12 pounds so I'm assuming it's not. Heck of a deal. I'll have to give away half of them. Lol

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
I placed an order for two sets and the shipping only went up by a little bit so saved even more! They are shipped directly from Pet Food Direct and are still the full price at their web site so I have no idea why they are so cheap thru Amazon but thanks for the info! They are the only treats that Rocky will eat and I carry them in his bait bag everywhere so we go thru a lot of them.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Can they sell things on Amazon thats close to their expiration date?

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
I just checked my account on Amazon and it still says mine is waiting to be shipped by August 18th. Maybe they sold out for some orders.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just checked my account on Amazon and it still says mine is waiting to be shipped by August 18th. Maybe they sold out for some orders.
Same here. I checked and it still says that they're in stock. I really hope I get mine. My pup loves them.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Can they sell things on Amazon thats close to their expiration date?
I ordered Gebhardt chili powder from Amazon, and when I received it, I realized the expiration date was only 3 months away. That wouldn't be bad during chili season, but I had to order 6 bottles minimum, so a bunch went to waste.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got my shipping confirmation email.

Good point about the expiration date. I could see that as a way to clear inventory. Good thing is I can always return it. I wonder how big of a deal the expiration would be anyway?

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Yeah, thats just typical of my luck. I ordered as soon as I saw the original post earlyish yesterday and bought something else at the same time which went through ok. Amazon sent me an email but didn't give me any reason other than the order had been cancelled, so I tried ordering again last night.
I wondered about the expiration date as well, but I'm going (or was going) to take most of them to the animal shelter so they'd be eaten pretty quickly anyway. That price was just too good to pass up.

·
Registered
56 Posts
For those of you who got shipment confirmations, do you know if the actually shipping weight was 11 lbs? I'd love to order these but I don't want to end up spending $20 for one 10 oz package when I can get it locally for cheaper.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Well dang, I just checked the shipping weight from UPS and it's only 1.2 pounds. Looks like I'll be returning these as you can get the pound bag shipped from petfood direct for about $12 shipped using that coupon code.

EDIT: Although, under status is does say that package is "returning to seller". I guess I'll just have to see how this turns out.

·
Registered
216 Posts
For those of you who got shipment confirmations, do you know if the actually shipping weight was 11 lbs? I'd love to order these but I don't want to end up spending $20 for one 10 oz package when I can get it locally for cheaper.
I checked that too. On the amazon page it says the weight is 11.2 lbs but the shipping confirmation says 1.20 pounds. If I receive it and it's only one bag I'll be returning it. I saved a copy of the amazon page so I can show them it said 11.2 pounds, which would be just right for 12 bags 10 oz each. Fingers crossed!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts